The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

modern history with economics

hey guys have an offer from manchester ABB for modern history with economics, came as a bit of a shock as my AS grades were poor AED however i only managed 50% attendances due to serrious injury. Manchester didnt know about this on my ucas app. As i have a lot of resits to do this year i am slightly concerned a may not be able to acheive ABB but more likely ABC, if this was the case would it be a situation where i rang admissions or whoever and begged and pleaded till they gave up and offered me a place or just a flat no?
Reply 1
I needed AAB and i got BBB. I didn't get onto the course i wanted but was offered a place on another because i had firmed them. I'm pretty sure you'd get a place if you got ABC but if you didn't then they would probably offer you a similar course.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
whoolahan
hey guys have an offer from manchester ABB for modern history with economics, came as a bit of a shock as my AS grades were poor AED however i only managed 50% attendances due to serrious injury. Manchester didnt know about this on my ucas app. As i have a lot of resits to do this year i am slightly concerned a may not be able to acheive ABB but more likely ABC, if this was the case would it be a situation where i rang admissions or whoever and begged and pleaded till they gave up and offered me a place or just a flat no?

Hey there, I do Economic History and Economics, which is a very similar course to the Modern History one (basically you do more history than I do), and my offer was BBB and i came out with ABC but they let me in because my A was in Economics, and pointswise there the same. I'd imagine if you spoke to them, and perhaps inform them that you have mitigating circumstances (your injury) they might be more willing to take you even if you miss the grades.
Also, if its any consolation my AS grades were BCD (had a rough time in year 12) and I got up to ABC in year 13 due to re-sits :biggrin:

Feel free to message me if you have any questions etc :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Groupie
Hey there, I do Economic History and Economics, which is a very similar course to the Modern History one (basically you do more history than I do), and my offer was BBB and i came out with ABC but they let me in because my A was in Economics, and pointswise there the same. I'd imagine if you spoke to them, and perhaps inform them that you have mitigating circumstances (your injury) they might be more willing to take you even if you miss the grades.
Also, if its any consolation my AS grades were BCD (had a rough time in year 12) and I got up to ABC in year 13 due to re-sits :biggrin:

Feel free to message me if you have any questions etc :biggrin:

I'm planning on going to manchester to study modern history with econ in Sept.

Got any tips??
Anyone know what this course is like

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending