The Student Room Group

Wjec Ict

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by niallicious
Same boat, putting all the effort in two days before the exam!

I'm making good headway with the common topics (verification/validation, data/info/knowledge, quality of info and capablities/limitations of ICT over manual tasks) and I'm now started to revise hard for the longer questions (ICT in the home/education, online banking, etc.). The mark schemes are really helpful, more condensed info compared to my 64-page revision booklet. :P

Got a whole day to do it tomorrow, and I might pop into school to get more advice from my teachers.

I think I am pretty ok on the common topics but i am feeling very underprepared for the longer questions and the spreadsheet stuff.
Original post by cab12
I think I am pretty ok on the common topics but i am feeling very underprepared for the longer questions and the spreadsheet stuff.

Yeah same, I'm hoping planetconwy's guesses are right :P but I'm gonna cover all bases regardless, whether I understand them is a different matter.

But I really need to nail this exam, I did really poor in my coursework due to a crap work ethic but also really lousy teaching from one of my three teachers. His marking was crap as well.
Same boat, putting all the effort in two days before the exam!

I'm making good headway with the common topics (verification/validation, data/info/knowledge, quality of info and capablities/limitations of ICT over manual tasks) and I'm now started to revise hard for the longer questions (ICT in the home/education, online banking, etc.). The mark schemes are really helpful, more condensed info compared to my 64-page revision booklet. :P

Got a whole day to do it tomorrow, and I might pop into school to get more advice from my teachers.

verifcation/validation I already knew ages ago and the same goes with data, info, knowledge. Quality of info and capabilties/limitations of ICT I am bad at. I have barely revised ICT in home and ICT in education and ICT in business however I think I am just naturally good at that (I revised it once and somehow it just has not left my brain).

Yeah I have used the mark schemes a bit but not a lot recently because my computer is slow and when I download stuff it just makes my computer basically freeze!

EDIT: I am going to do loads of work tommorow as well. My college has a little revision session for an hour and a half which I will go in for. Then I aim to do about 4 hours of good revision by myself. Then just chill from about 7'ish till about 10'ish.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by planetconwy1
Here you go, I have thrown in the answers to the essay question too.

Make sure you write down the spreadsheet rules at the end of the PDF when you get into the exam and then you wont forget :smile:

If you want to know anything else just ask :smile:

Thanks so much. By the way if you want (or anyone else wants), I have a bulleted revision guide that my teacher gave me. It just has the key points for each topic (e.g definitions, advantages/disadvantages, an example) in short bullet points. So just ask if you want it :smile:
Reply 184
Here you go, I have thrown in the answers to the essay question too.

Make sure you write down the spreadsheet rules at the end of the PDF when you get into the exam and then you wont forget :smile:

If you want to know anything else just ask :smile:

Thanks this is really useful.
How's everyone revision going today?
How's everyone revision going today?

Good, I taught a class of Year 12s today which helped me revise myself. :smile:

What about you?
Good, I taught a class of Year 12s today which helped me revise myself. :smile:

What about you?

Got most of my bases covered, so it's going good! Hoping ICT in Health doesn't come up, I suck at that topic, or education...
Got most of my bases covered, so it's going good! Hoping ICT in Health doesn't come up, I suck at that topic, or education...

Im quite hoping for health that and Home Entertainment. But yeah Education is a horrible one. I also hope the essay question is not on CAM and CAD, because Im not prepared for that.
Im quite hoping for health that and Home Entertainment. But yeah Education is a horrible one. I also hope the essay question is not on CAM and CAD, because Im not prepared for that.

That's something else I need to look over as well but I'm pretty confident with Home Entertainment as it seems to be mostly common sense
Good Luck tomorrow everyone! :h:

Thanks, and you! I'm getting a little worred about Networks and Social Issues, is there a big chance of them coming up?

EDIT: Or HCI for that matter?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 192

U too:smile:
Reply 193
Very Easy and Home Entertainment was Common Sense
Very straightforward, although I sort of wished that verification/validation came up. Froze for some reason for the capabilities of ICT question, but go through it in the end. Confident of a C+ tbh :smile:
Reply 195
Very straightforward, although I sort of wished that verification/validation came up. Froze for some reason for the capabilities of ICT question, but go through it in the end. Confident of a C+ tbh :smile:

Well Done, Yh They wanted 3 manual methods apart from speed of processing. I done Accuracy and Context, Speed Of Searching and Data Storage Capacity. :smile:

Hahaha I told you all! All the questions were lovery! I word processed my answers so I will post them when I get home from school so you can see how many you got right. My ICT teacher just told me I will easily get 70+ marks out of 80! SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPPY :biggrin:
Original post by Ryneto101
Well Done, Yh They wanted 3 manual methods apart from speed of processing. I done Accuracy and Context, Speed Of Searching and Data Storage Capacity. :smile:

I did this as well! :biggrin:
Reply 198
I Love You All (Literally)
Right ok, here are my answers. As I said earlier I showed my teacher and she was very pleased with them, to say the least.

These are my answers though, some of you may disagree with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending