Wjec Ict

Scroll to see replies

Thanks, I was in the middle then :P, so happy about my B
im resiting my D so it doesnt push down my final grade
Reply 381
Original post by ian111199
Thanks, I was in the middle then :P, so happy about my B
im resiting my D so it doesnt push down my final grade

Well done :smile: what are you hoping to get overall?

Fairplay, the mark schemes must be so strict, most of my class got like 2 grades below their predicted even though they all knew the material well. I think I'm like the only one on track for my predicted grade.
Last year u got E so my teachers predicted me a D/C

Yes the Mark Schemes are strict,

If you are doing this exam
DO NOT REVISE FROM THE TEXT BOOK
REVISE FROM THE MARK SCHEMES

the mark schemes tell you the current accepted answer, my AS exam did not even look in the text book at all revised purely from the mark scheme and i got a B
Revise from the mark schemes yes, but they did throw in some questions that had never been asked before e.g system development...mobile access...
For IT2 I need to record a macro for my letterhead. Therefore, i needto insert some text and a logo. However, how do I insert a picture and move it around without pausing the macro?

Has anyone had the problems?
Im resitting my IT2 coursework, my teacher said all you can do is insert the image/ text when recording a macro, you have to move it /resize it after

What did you get in IT1
Im resitting my IT2 coursework, my teacher said all you can do is insert the image/ text when recording a macro, you have to move it /resize it after

What did you get in IT1

A B in IT1, 4 marks of an A. So IT2 should pull me up to an A. You?
Do you know what mark you got for IT1 :P i got 84 which is a B

last year i got a E in the exam and 40 marks in the course work which gave me a E overall, i am doing much better this year :P
Do you know what mark you got for IT1 :P i got 84 which is a B

last year i got a E in the exam and 40 marks in the course work which gave me a E overall, i am doing much better this year :P

Oh right, im in year 11 so this was the first time i did it. I got 89 UMS
Reply 389
Hi, can someone please help me! In unit 1 i got 86 UMS which is a B and unit 3 I got 88 which again is a B. I need an A to get into the Uni I want to go to so what do I need to achieve in both courseworks to get an A overall as I really don't want to sit this exam again. For unit 1 i got 56 UMS which is just a B so I'm going to resubmit this coursework but I need to know what to get overall in both??!
Reply 390
Last year I got 78/80 in coursework, and 84 in the exam, and overall that was an A.
So this year, I'm hoping for the same kind of thing, but so not looking forward to the exam...
Reply 391
Original post by silver0
Last year I got 78/80 in coursework, and 84 in the exam, and overall that was an A.
So this year, I'm hoping for the same kind of thing, but so not looking forward to the exam...

I need to impove my unit1 DRAMATICALLY. Any tips?
Original post by TB.93

Revise from mark scheme
I have some questions for the coursework for A2 (making a database). I am making a database for a secondary school school. I have completely made the database and done all the screenshots. Now I am just doing all the pages of writing so stuff like background, user requirements, security, inputs, hardware etc.

1) I don't know what to write for the 'inputs' section as I don't think there are any inputs. The end user is the student and they will only have to read the information from the screen such as their grades, predicted grades and other stuff (they do not actually need to input anything - it is already inputted by the person who creates the database and the student just needs to read it).

2) I don't really understand the difference between the Aims and Objectives part and the User Requirements part. In the User Requirements I have said something like 'the problem with the current database is that its overall look and design does not match in with the school's ethos, so when I create the new database I aim to produce a database that matches the ethos of the school. I plan to achieve this through the colours used, the font I select, where I place images on the screen etc.'. So in my User Requirements I have basically written the Aims and Objectives at the same time. Could you help here?

I had some more questions but I can't think of them on the top of my head. If I remember them, I will post them but for now that is it...
Reply 394
Original post by TB.93

Well I tried doing quite a lot of revision, I wrote everything on small cards and just went through them over and over again trying to memorise.
Then also did mind maps, first just putting the main headings and subheadings, then looked through the book and added stuff to it.
And when you write something in exams, always extend it and explain in more detail.

Revise from mark scheme

I actually hardly revised from the mark scheme, mostly just from the book, but yeah it's a good idea to do that and see what the examiners are looking for.
This time round, I will be aiming to do more revision from mark schemes.. :smile:
Reply 395
Original post by dylantombides
I have some questions for the coursework for A2 (making a database). I am making a database for a secondary school school. I have completely made the database and done all the screenshots. Now I am just doing all the pages of writing so stuff like background, user requirements, security, inputs, hardware etc.

1) I don't know what to write for the 'inputs' section as I don't think there are any inputs. The end user is the student and they will only have to read the information from the screen such as their grades, predicted grades and other stuff (they do not actually need to input anything - it is already inputted by the person who creates the database and the student just needs to read it).

2) I don't really understand the difference between the Aims and Objectives part and the User Requirements part. In the User Requirements I have said something like 'the problem with the current database is that its overall look and design does not match in with the school's ethos, so when I create the new database I aim to produce a database that matches the ethos of the school. I plan to achieve this through the colours used, the font I select, where I place images on the screen etc.'. So in my User Requirements I have basically written the Aims and Objectives at the same time. Could you help here?

I had some more questions but I can't think of them on the top of my head. If I remember them, I will post them but for now that is it...

In my coursework, the first chapter is called User Requirements, and in that there's the background, aims and objectives, user interface requirements etc..
So yeah aims and objectives link to User requirements, I think you are probably doing it right.
Original post by silver0
In my coursework, the first chapter is called User Requirements, and in that there's the background, aims and objectives, user interface requirements etc..
So yeah aims and objectives link to User requirements, I think you are probably doing it right.

Ok thanks
Last year u got E so my teachers predicted me a D/C

Yes the Mark Schemes are strict,

If you are doing this exam
DO NOT REVISE FROM THE TEXT BOOK
REVISE FROM THE MARK SCHEMES

the mark schemes tell you the current accepted answer, my AS exam did not even look in the text book at all revised purely from the mark scheme and i got a B

hi there can you send me a link to the mark scheme please, i cant seem to find it :s
thanks
The mark schemes are in the main stored on the secure site of the WJEC. Your teacher or exams officer at your school will have access to this. Why not ask them?

Btw previous advice about learning mark schemes is spot on. But learn them well and don't deviate from them come the next exam. The questions will be largely rehashed from previous papers and the mark schemes will be identical to previous mark schemes where a similar question has been asked
Oh I do have a couple of apps on the app store to support this course too. Just search for ICT and don't worry there is a free one for you to try out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending