The Student Room Group
Reply 1
who knows? :frown:
Reply 2
Well to help u decide it doesnt really matter really.
It all about what course u want to do at uni.
Each course will have its own requirements but aint seen any course needing philosophy though.

Also some universities will accept two AS subjects as a full A-Level.
So do u think u can get do better in A2 Philosophy or with the 2 AS's??
Reply 3
I'm not studying those subjects personally, but yeah I think just doing A2 all the way would be better since you are just carrying on from what you have learnt and it seems easier than starting a whole new subject again!
thanks!
Reply 4
I would say option 2, but it would be hard to manage all of those subjects
Reply 5
option B, but if you changed philosophy and/or art to somehting more 'respectable' in option A, then that option. :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Random one
I'm not studying those subjects personally, but yeah I think just doing A2 all the way would be better since you are just carrying on from what you have learnt and it seems easier than starting a whole new subject again!
thanks!

gdgd
im doin A2 Chem
Maths
English lit
Classics

i could change and do A2 Chem
Maths
Classics
AS Biology
its hard to decide, i think my results will make up my mind for me though
You only need 3 A-levels and an AS for university, so if you decide to do something extra, ie carry on all 4 subjects to A2 or drop one after AS and pick up another, it will look good whichever option you choose. It just depends on whether you love all 4 of your subjects and want to carry on with them all or whether you're a bit bored with one and there's another subject you'd rather do instead.
Reply 9
I did biology chemistry and physics A levels. With As politics and an As in phiolospohy the workload hurt.
Reply 10
I would do the second option (i.e. 3 A2's and 1 AS). The workload will be less than the 4 A2's.
trev
I would do the second option (i.e. 3 A2's and 1 AS). The workload will be less than the 4 A2's.

I don't agree, I did 4 A Levels and it was still the same amount of work as my friends who dropped stuff did. I also did 4 subjects that were fairly similar - Media, Communication Studies, English Language and German.
Reply 12
Lil Lee
I don't agree, I did 4 A Levels and it was still the same amount of work as my friends who dropped stuff did. I also did 4 subjects that were fairly similar - Media, Communication Studies, English Language and German.

I guess it depends on what subjects you take. :redface:
Reply 13
3 a levels and 2 as' because you will get offers of
18 units or 21 units

if you do 4 a levels then they will require higher grades on average.
e.g with ucl you will probs get an offer of

ABBe for 3 a levels and a AS
for 4 a levels you will get
ABBE
the latter is more difficult to achieve.
Reply 14
oh right, thanks thats a good idea:p:

Latest