The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Edycal
Alright thanks so much for the advice hehe. I'm hopefully going to Teesside as my firm uni this year (2010 :P). Never lived in another country before, much less under another culture and way of living so i'm hoping its going to be as much a challenge as entertaining to me :wink:

Have a look at those websites someone posted earlier in the thread. Should be helpful. Good luck. :smile:
Don't confirm
Listening to indie magically makes you cool too
Abhead
At first I just thought it was hilarious that people have responded to this thread seriously when the OP is clearly taking the piss. Then I saw someone agreeing with him that chavs are "subhuman" etc :lolwut:

I thought chavs were despised? :s-smilie:

I was born and lived in the UK, and this is how it was.
i dont think they exist....
joshphillips999
i dont think they exist....

why not? :s-smilie:
Reply 65
rajandkwameali
How come? :confused: I thought the Victorians banned sex, or at least thought it was evil.

How could the Victorians possibly have banned sex. Lol
GodspeedGehenna
People arn't cruel, and thus it certainly isn't a social norm to be cruel.

lol... is this the beliefs of psychologists again?

Life is dog eat dog.

So you actively walk down the street swearing in peoples' faces?

I would swear at people, but I don't have any loyalty to them, so it doesn't matter.

I was born and raised in the UK, and it has always been normal form to harass people in public. Whether chav, weird looking, gay looking, or for no reason at all.

Congratulations, your behaviour falls outside of those social norms and you are sub-human.

No.

Too bad for Labour then. No wonder people say the Tories will win the next election. :biggrin:
Reply 67
rajandkwameali
Do they exist?

Yes, they do exist, if you do A-level sociology you would know more about it!
Self-depreciate and binge drink. :awesome:
Reply 69
rajandkwameali
lol... is this the beliefs of psychologists again?

Life is dog eat dog.

I would swear at people, but I don't have any loyalty to them, so it doesn't matter.

I was born and raised in the UK, and it has always been normal form to harass people in public. Whether chav, weird looking, gay looking, or for no reason at all.

Too bad for Labour then. No wonder people say the Tories will win the next election. :biggrin:

no. no it hasn't i have never witnessed nor heard of this behaviour being the norm or even widespread. i suggest you troll elsewhere.
Reply 70
rajandkwameali
How come? :confused: I thought the Victorians banned sex, or at least thought it was evil.

Ah.. that would be why they all died out within one generation. :rolleyes:

LOL, how many of us here greet each other like this:

(From one of the links earlier).
Libtolu
no. no it hasn't i have never witnessed nor heard of this behaviour being the norm or even widespread. i suggest you troll elsewhere.

You're either sheltered or live in an ivory tower.
LOV3R
Yes, they do exist, if you do A-level sociology you would know more about it!

Sociology is also the beliefs of sociologists, for their own ends. Everybody knows that.

Social norms don't and have never existed, since in the UK (as a born British person) everything has always been accepted. You hear people saying the BNP should be banned. lol... they should be allowed to march through the middle of non-white areas. Laws against drugs also have no place.

The world would be a happier place if everybody did what they wanted to do in life. :smile:
Reply 73
rajandkwameali
You're either sheltered or live in an ivory tower.

You said it was the norm which it most definatey isn't so hush your gums
Reply 74
rajandkwameali
Sociology is also the beliefs of sociologists, for their own ends. Everybody knows that.

Social norms don't and have never existed, since in the UK (as a born British person) everything has always been accepted. You hear people saying the BNP should be banned. lol... they should be allowed to march through the middle of non-white areas. Laws against drugs also have no place.

The world would be a happier place if everybody did what they wanted to do in life. :smile:

kl i'd like to start murdering starting with you.

Everybody can do what they like, just because somethings illegal doesn't mean you can't do it, just be preped for the punishment.
Cup of tea, having fish and chips a few times a year, driving on the left, being a Beatles fan, talking about the weather...
Libtolu
kl i'd like to start murdering starting with you.

Everybody can do what they like, just because somethings illegal doesn't mean you can't do it, just be preped for the punishment.

why is there a need for punishment?

It makes no sense, life is about free action.
Reply 77
WarriorInAWig
Cup of tea, having fish and chips a few times a year, driving on the left, being a Beatles fan, talking about the weather...

what, no afternoon tea parties on the lawn while watching cricket? :p:

or strawberries and cream for breakfast while watching wimbledon? :p:
Reply 78
rajandkwameali
why is there a need for punishment?

It makes no sense, life is about free action.

karma, anyone?
Reply 79
Fish and chips.

Latest

Trending

Trending