The Student Room Group

How many of you in relationships have kissed someone else?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I haven't and probably wouldn't.
i've kissed other people whilst in a relationship.
With my first boyfriend, i got drunk and made out with one of my best friends (we're both girls) and i thought it was no biggy. he wasn't happy. But he was a **** anyway.
With my current boyfriend, at our formal i kissed my ex boyfriends formal date (the one that was a **** lol). My current boyfriend didn't mind at all, he was just sad he missed it.
I think if you set down rules about it then it's ok. Like my current bf is totally happy with me kissing other girls, and i wouldn't mind if he kissed guys (although i really really can't see him doing it haha).
Are you sure this "friend" isnt you, OP?
Popppppy
i've kissed other people whilst in a relationship.
With my first boyfriend, i got drunk and made out with one of my best friends (we're both girls) and i thought it was no biggy. he wasn't happy. But he was a **** anyway.
With my current boyfriend, at our formal i kissed my ex boyfriends formal date (the one that was a **** lol). My current boyfriend didn't mind at all, he was just sad he missed it.
I think if you set down rules about it then it's ok. Like my current bf is totally happy with me kissing other girls, and i wouldn't mind if he kissed guys (although i really really can't see him doing it haha).

I don't understand why it isn't cheating if it is with the same gender? Unless you/your boyfriend don't take gay relationships seriously, which would be quite small minded of you.
I would never cheat on a partner, and never have. This 'drunken mistake' excuse is pityful- if my girlfriend used it as an excuse in an attempt to play down her 'mistake' i'd laugh and finish her there and then (well, most probably).

Get him to tell her! My ex and I split up for a month, or so, when i found out she had 'got off' with a guy a few days into our relationship. It wasn't the fact she had snogged him, but she'd kept the lie for four months and I found out accidently. If your friends girl-friend finds out.. it could be disaster.. :smile:

Pfft. I HATE cheaters and liars.
Antonia87
Are you sure this "friend" isnt you, OP?

*ahem* Yeah, my 'mate' has this really nasty and embarrassing illness...

He says it hurts when I... I mean, he urinates.

:yes:
My superhero alter ego is not El-Assholio so no, I haven't.

Also, no such thing as a mistake. Drunk or not you did it, unless someone forced booze into you then you are responsible.
Abhead
I don't understand why it isn't cheating if it is with the same gender? Unless you/your boyfriend don't take gay relationships seriously, which would be quite small minded of you.

Calm down, dear. I'm sure she just means kissing members of the same gender with no sexual intentions. I doubt it was meant as a slur.
MewMachine
Nah I'm completely with you here. When I found out about a similar thing with my ex, it completely wrecked our relationship. Don't tell her, especially if he seriously intends to never do it again. Draw a line under it, and don't talk about it.

Yeah... I was told, and he was all apologetic and said he'd never ever do it again as he'd never felt more guilty about anything, and I said to him, "Actually, I wish you'd just not told me, because now I also feel awful and I don't know what to do."

Makes the other person feel so so bad. I still don't trust him fully, but I don't want to end it. Oh what a predicament.
Also, OP, lying about it just makes it worse.

Spoiler

FiveFiveSix
*ahem* Yeah, my 'mate' has this really nasty and embarrassing illness...

He says it hurts when I... I mean, he urinates.

:yes:

:biggrin: No way! You know my mate did something proper bad. He, like, raped his mother. He says, you know, that she didnt actually oppose to his advances. But what are my, I mean his chances of getting off?
Reply 31
If someone cheated on me I would want to know about it, directly from him, as soon as possible after it happened. A flatmate of mine last year was on her year abroad, with her boyfriend on a totally different continent. She drunkenly kissed someone else on her birthday, which he would never have found out about, and told him the day after and they got through it. The girlfriend of the 'someone else' didn't find out about it until she happened upon some incriminating evidence on his computer, needless to say they broke up. I'm not the sort of person that thinks cheating = the end of a relationship, but a lack of honesty and openness is.
FiveFiveSix
Calm down, dear. I'm sure she just means kissing members of the same gender with no sexual intentions. I doubt it was meant as a slur.

I know it wasn't meant as a slur, but I've never understood that thing. I do think that when normally highly posessive guys don't get jealous of their girlfriend and other girls, it is because they don't take lesbians seriously. I'm not really into girls, but I know if I kissed one I'd feel like a cheat.

I also don't understand why you would kiss someone you don't fancy, unless its either for money or out of pity.
HDS

:awesome:
I was in the exact same position as OP's friend and it is the best course of action. Our problems got sorted out, and we had a great loving relationship. Have now broken up, but as it is she has moved on and can trust other guys etc, whereas if she had known it would have damaged her far more. Definitely not kind to tell them something like that unless they are going to find out anyway.
Quail
Yeah... I was told, and he was all apologetic and said he'd never ever do it again as he'd never felt more guilty about anything, and I said to him, "Actually, I wish you'd just not told me, because now I also feel awful and I don't know what to do."

Makes the other person feel so so bad. I still don't trust him fully, but I don't want to end it. Oh what a predicament.

Eh, I found out through a facebook message from someone I wasn't even friends with. That was a bummer. I'm sorry to hear that :frown: I just ended it in the end as I couldn't trust my ex at all, which was probably the best thing to do. Mahhh :frown:
Antonia87
:biggrin: No way! You know my mate did something proper bad. He, like, raped his mother. He says, you know, that she didnt actually oppose to his advances. But what are my, I mean his chances of getting off?

:top: :biggrin:
Abhead
I know it wasn't meant as a slur, but I've never understood that thing. I do think that when normally highly posessive guys don't get jealous of their girlfriend and other girls, it is because they don't take lesbians seriously. I'm not really into girls, but I know if I kissed one I'd feel like a cheat.

I also don't understand why you would kiss someone you don't fancy, unless its either for money or out of pity.

I guess it's a bit different if you're kissing someone who is bi/gay, but I see no reason why two straight people kissing equates to cheating, unless like I said, there's sexual intent.

As to the reasons, well, as a friendly gesture? for a laugh? For example - there's plenty of rugby boys that fancy themselves unshockable at uni. They obviously hadn't met any squaddies. Draw your own conclusions from that! :p: I certainly wouldn't feel like a cheat if I jokingly kissed one of my mates.
FiveFiveSix
I guess it's a bit different if you're kissing someone who is bi/gay, but I see no reason why two straight people kissing equates to cheating, unless like I said, there's sexual intent.

As to the reasons, well, as a friendly gesture? for a laugh? For example - there's plenty of rugby boys that fancy themselves unshockable at uni. They obviously hadn't met any squaddies. Draw your own conclusions from that! :p: I certainly wouldn't feel like a cheat if I jokingly kissed one of my mates.

Meh...maybe it is because I have been known to be attracted to women that I feel differently about it.
If no-one else knew, I'd be tempted to say don't cause unnecessary upset. But if other people know, it really is just a matter of time, I'd want to know from my boyfriend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending