The Student Room Group

16-19 Bursary/EMA Questions Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
^^ Whoever would normally deal with your EMA. Either that or your head of 6th form.
Titch89
^^ Whoever would normally deal with your EMA. Either that or your head of 6th form.

That's what I'm not sure of, because no one in my school has ever claimed EMA.
Reply 382
i got my 100 quid bonus but I'm missing my 30 quid payment and i'm not happy as I went to every lesson on time.
Rian1988
That's what I'm not sure of, because no one in my school has ever claimed EMA.

Basically, ask your Head of Sixth Form. Somone must have been sorting out your EMA since September, otherwise you wouldnt have got any payments. We cant tell you anymore that that...
Bexiness!
Basically, ask your Head of Sixth Form. Somone must have been sorting out your EMA since September, otherwise you wouldnt have got any payments. We cant tell you anymore that that...

Oh I have only just applied now, never heard of it before and now my application has been successful but says I need to sign a learning agreement just wondering who to see about that.
Rian1988
Oh I have only just applied now, never heard of it before and now my application has been successful but says I need to sign a learning agreement just wondering who to see about that.

Talk to your Head of Sixth Form....
Bexiness!
Talk to your Head of Sixth Form....

Ok I'll do that when I go back, thanks.
Reply 387
bonus received on Tuesday
Reply 388
The person responsible for EMA at my school told me that she processed my bonus through on the 30th January, and I still havent recieved it...
Reply 389
I still haven't received it yet :/ I'm starting to get worried, as I really need the money. Is there anyone else here in a similar situation?
Reply 390
Maybe you should ask them again?

I was wondering, would you still get paid ema after the final yr13 exams since we do not have to come to school? I know we get a bonus around june/july.
Reply 391
No bonus for me.. not yet anyway. Head of sixth form said they sent the forms off last week who knows how long it will take.
Reply 392
Caprisun
Maybe you should ask them again?

I was wondering, would you still get paid ema after the final yr13 exams since we do not have to come to school? I know we get a bonus around june/july.

No
I'm in Year 11 but I've checked and I qualify for £30 a week next year when I start college. But I'm just wondering about some of the other stuff. How many bonuses and how much do you get? And how does it work... like what grades do you need to get or attendance to receive them?
hazzypants
I'm in Year 11 but I've checked and I qualify for £30 a week next year when I start college. But I'm just wondering about some of the other stuff. How many bonuses and how much do you get? And how does it work... like what grades do you need to get or attendance to receive them?

it varies between colleges but you generally need a high attendance figure and have up to date coursework

2 bonuses in first year
3 in second year
Turns out my dumbass college didn't record my agreement which I signed on the first day... Now I will be getting my bonus.
Reply 396
My situation is complicated but here goes -

The main question is that I'm probably going to be dropping out this year due to personal reasons - I wouldn't have to pay any EMA money back would I? (silly question maybe but I just wanna check)

And the other thing is about the bonuses - I've heard you have to have something like two weeks back in January but I didn't make this because of said personal thing and I haven't been back. Does this mean I miss out on the bonus even though I had 100% attendance last year?

...another thing. Would dropping out now affect claiming EMA for next year when I restart?

Sorry for the long post, hope someone can help...
Reply 397
You won't haver to pay anything back. I dropped out after my exams (Year 12) and didn't have to pay anything back.
You won't have to pay anything back. Re-sitting years wont affect it either, you'll just get it again. You probably wont get the bonus though, sorry.
Reply 399
Thanks for the replies... shame about the bonus though :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending