The Student Room Group

16-19 Bursary/EMA Questions Thread

Scroll to see replies

BananaMuffin
same here :cool:

They better not try and take it back! I don't know how it would of gone through though because there would be no-one at school to authorise the payment - I've also never been paid on a Monday before....
Reply 781
Hi. I just sent off my EMA form, and right at the top of the tax credits awards notice, it says something in bold with the dats 2008-2009. Have i sent the right notice to the ema people?
c0nfus3d
Hi. I just sent off my EMA form, and right at the top of the tax credits awards notice, it says something in bold with the dats 2008-2009. Have i sent the right notice to the ema people?

If you havent they will just send the wrong part back and ask you for the correct part. :smile:
Reply 783
becky.fm
If you havent they will just send the wrong part back and ask you for the correct part. :smile:

Thanks, but isn't it going to waste time, because i'm supposed to give the NoE during college enrolment...
c0nfus3d
Thanks, but isn't it going to waste time, because i'm supposed to give the NoE during college enrolment...

Hopefully they will sort it out before Sept. And even if it runs over, you can get backdated payments :smile:
Reply 785
becky.fm
Hopefully they will sort it out before Sept. And even if it runs over, you can get backdated payments :smile:

Really? How?
still no bonus for me :frown:
looooook

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080723090525AAtRn6d

hopefully this will put many people at rest.
im still "bonusness", however it seems like we shall all get it some time :smile:
c0nfus3d
Really? How?

Well say they dont verify your amount that you should recieve until the beginning of October, then you should get 4 payments all at once, once your payments start. :smile:
Reply 789
Originally Posted by flat tv
There is something at the back of the guidance notes that says

What happens next

Normally, within 3 weeks, we will:

write to the young person and tell them whether or not they are eligible to receive EMA. If they are, we will tell them how much they will get if they enrol on a valid learning programme. They will need to take their Notice of Entitlement (NoE) with them when they enrol on a full time learning programme

I haven't sent my form off yet so don't know how quick it really is. It was very quick last year

Yeah im not worried, it'll happen. Its only been two weeks

Becky - how long did it take to process your application?
flat tv
Becky - how long did it take to process your application?

4 to 5 weeks i think. I can't remember exactly, but it was defo longer than 3 weeks. Why? Haven't you got confirmation yet? :hugs:
Hey guys- I sent my EMA forms off on the 26th of June and have yet to hear back from them :eek:

At what point do I get worried and organise a rally?
trefusis128
Hey guys- I sent my EMA forms off on the 26th of June and have yet to hear back from them :eek:

At what point do I get worried and organise a rally?

Have you phoned them up? Normally they will tell you the progress of your application if you do that :smile:
I believe they are getting rid of the September returners bonus so only 4 bonuses now
Yep, 4 bonus' now, of £100 each. 2 in Year 12, and 2 in Year 13.

May i direct you to the EMA questions thread, which is sstickied at the top of this forum, most questions are in there :smile:
Reply 795
Do You Still Get a bonus if your not entitled to EMA?:confused:
Cookiie
Do You Still Get a bonus if your not entitled to EMA?:confused:

No :p:
havn't they changed it for next year? like the bonuses or something..

could somebody explain?
BananaMuffin
havn't they changed it for next year? like the bonuses or something..

could somebody explain?

Yeah. :smile: What year are you going into?

Basically, there was always 5 bonus' over the 2 years of college/sixth form, of £100 each. That was 2 in Year 12 (January & July) and 3 in Year 13 (September, January, July.)

This year, for Year 13's, the September bonus has been dropped. This applies to all further Year 13's as well. Now, everyone will get £400 in bonus' over the 2 years.

Also, even though this does depend on your individual college on their rules, the bonus' will also be dependent on good behaviour/being on time.

:smile:
Hmm..Sorry to interrupt the ongoing convo over bonuses,
I need some help with a quick query..I'm going into year 12 this Sept 08 and I applied for EMA like yonks ago,I finally got my letter of entitlement back without my Mums P60 and it says I'm entitled to £10 a week but my mum earns just a little below the £20 a week cut of point.

So I intially thought that i was gonna get £20 a week rather than £10 it says if you think we have calculated it wrong then write us a letter back which i'm gonna get my mum to do when she gets back in but I'm just confused as to why I know it sounds sort of trivial but I'm not gonna be able to get my laptop with a tenner a week.Gees its like :wtf?: Have i gone wrong somewhere.Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending