The Student Room Group

16-19 Bursary/EMA Questions Thread

Scroll to see replies

There are some rumours going around that it will be around Xmas...

And yes, they will back date it.
Reply 1181
Hey onnet5!

Go to this link :http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=453707
that's the main forum for EMA and there's loads of people there that can help you..
Don't worry; mine started a couple of weeks later last year and it was all back dated.

I'm so glad I'm in my second year. My sister just started and she hasn't received anything yet.
Reply 1183
a couple of friends of mine have started to get theirs already
Reply 1184
Thank you very much, was looking for something like this.
I got paid on friday 19th. The payments for friday 19th september was for the week of 8th-12th september. So the payment on 26th ssept would be for the week 15th-19th sept and so on. You get the paymenrs every friday, I know this because my college gave me a sheet of the payment dates.
Ok, tell me, have you recieved your Notice of Entitlement yet? Have you handed that in to your college? Have you made sure your attendance is good enough to recieve it yet? Are your college actually processing it?

Because if you have said yes to all them questions, well you should be recieving it. To be honest, if your college is processing it, EMA are having no problems sending the payment, unless your the odd one who gets missed.
hey i handed in my NoE the first day of college but EMA are taking the piss and they haven't sent out the pack to the college yet which gives them the login details and crap so they can put me on the system for my college iv been waiting for like 2 weeks now anyone else like this who handed in the NoE but nothinggg
Reply 1188
Is the NoE a sheet of paper which has 2 identical forms on ( 1 a learner copy and 1 a provider copy?) because if so then yes, I need to hand that 'NoE' in still. And yes I have had 100% attendance. My friends haven't received theirs yet. Is it because I haven't handed the 'NoE' in to my head of 6th form? And if I hand it in tomorrow will they send all the EMA that is backlogged, if any?
onnet5
Is the NoE a sheet of paper which has 2 identical forms on ( 1 a learner copy and 1 a provider copy?) because if so then yes, I need to hand that 'NoE' in still. And yes I have had 100% attendance. My friends haven't received theirs yet. Is it because I haven't handed the 'NoE' in to my head of 6th form? And if I hand it in tomorrow will they send all the EMA that is backlogged, if any?

Our college told us how the EMA people are run by a different company now and its a national crisis going on about sending the NOE and how they hired more people to help and they also said that that if you hand in your NOE you will receive all your payments from the weeks you attended college.
Reply 1190
Ok, well I presume that's what I have here, so yes I will hand that in tomorrow.
onnet5

You won't get any money without handing the NoE in, because your college won't know that you shoudl be recieving it. Yeah they should backdate your payments, but make sure you tell your Head of Sixth Form (or whoever) to do this, because they might forget.
what happens when you move to a different 6th form?
Poshtotty
what happens when you move to a different 6th form?

You might have to get a new NoE, or at least a new reference number from the EMA people. Because your new sixth form won't be authorised to give you payments without the EMA people knowing.
becky.fm
You might have to get a new NoE, or at least a new reference number from the EMA people. Because your new sixth form won't be authorised to give you payments without the EMA people knowing.

So will have to contact the EMA people? Great. Another long wait.....
Poshtotty
So will have to contact the EMA people? Great. Another long wait.....

Have you already moved sixth forms? Or is it coming up?
becky.fm
Have you already moved sixth forms? Or is it coming up?

Should be moving within the next week providing that the other 6th form can offer me all my subjects.

But I haven't even had my NoE yet so I haven't had any of my EMA so far.
Poshtotty
Should be moving within the next week providing that the other 6th form can offer me all my subjects.

But I haven't even had my NoE yet so I haven't had any of my EMA so far.

If you haven't had your NoE filled in at your current college then you don't need to call up the EMA people and get it changed, just get your NoE (when you receive it) filled in by your new college.

I changed colleges too, and when I called them up, they said I didn't have to :rolleyes:
SuicidalLemming
If you haven't had your NoE filled in at your current college then you don't need to call up the EMA people and get it changed, just get your NoE (when you receive it) filled in by your new college.

I changed colleges too, and when I called them up, they said I didn't have to :rolleyes:

But what happens to the money that I should have got from my first few weeks of 6th form? Will I not get any of it then?
Poshtotty
But what happens to the money that I should have got from my first few weeks of 6th form? Will I not get any of it then?

You would have to contact your old sixth form, so that they can send your attendance info to your new sixth form, so they could authorise it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending