The Student Room Group

16-19 Bursary/EMA Questions Thread

Scroll to see replies

has anyone had their ema rebate yet? i know alot of people have had there first payment but has anyone had the money from the missed weeks?
Reply 1581
I just recieved the NoE last week (half term), despite sending of for it sometime early august. But according to the website, you get backpayments if you sort it out before the end of october... because it was half term, i have only just handed it in, so would i still get backpayments as they took so long to send it to me?
bevanoes
I just recieved the NoE last week (half term), despite sending of for it sometime early august. But according to the website, you get backpayments if you sort it out before the end of october... because it was half term, i have only just handed it in, so would i still get backpayments as they took so long to send it to me?

It's as long as they RECEIVED your application by the end of october. So yeah, you'll get backpayed. I just handed my NoE in too.

Although, once agian, ema cock it up! Handed my NoE in today, and my ema number was not recognised on the system by my number on the NoE. Pfft! When will the monkeys at ema learn!
I got 2 NOE's exactly the same a couple of weeks ago. i Don't think they really know what there doing.

P.S. Only got the standard reply to my email saying that they had received it and will reply when they get the right information.
Reply 1584
has anyone got the phone number to ring up? i've tried ringing the freephone number but it never seems to go through... is there another number?
Just a quick thought, I've gone back to 6th form for my second year, and I've heard some people say that we get a bonus for going back? IE: a summer bonus of £100 that is normally paid in November, so long as your on target, have good attendence and have gone back for your second year (all of which I have).

Is this true? Is there a £100 bonus for going back for a second year?

I know we get ones at Christmas and in July (or something like that).

Can you quote me though so I can easily see the answers, thanks guys:biggrin:
netprime
Just a quick thought, I've gone back to 6th form for my second year, and I've heard some people say that we get a bonus for going back? IE: a summer bonus of £100 that is normally paid in November, so long as your on target, have good attendence and have gone back for your second year (all of which I have).

Is this true? Is there a £100 bonus for going back for a second year?

I know we get ones at Christmas and in July (or something like that).

Can you quote me though so I can easily see the answers, thanks guys:biggrin:

Nope, there used to be a bonus, but there no longer is. :no:
becky.fm
Nope, there used to be a bonus, but there no longer is. :no:

Awh MAN... There goes me paying off my festival ticket this month.
Reply 1588
I "continued" my application in July, going to second year. I started college 8 weeks ago, Due 7 weeks worth, £210 -.- Will most likely hit 240-270 before I even see it.

My friend who got that form and had to have it signed and sent back, he says that when he phoned them, and asked bout BackPay, that they replyed; he wont get it until the end of the year. He'll get his £30 now, but they have to check his records previously and will backpay at the end of the year? Anyone else hear this or they already got their backpay to show that that isn't the case?
viion
I "continued" my application in July, going to second year. I started college 8 weeks ago, Due 7 weeks worth, £210 -.- Will most likely hit 240-270 before I even see it.

My friend who got that form and had to have it signed and sent back, he says that when he phoned them, and asked bout BackPay, that they replyed; he wont get it until the end of the year. He'll get his £30 now, but they have to check his records previously and will backpay at the end of the year? Anyone else hear this or they already got their backpay to show that that isn't the case?

What a load of ********. I know some friends who have had their backpay. Never heard of this one. Just another monkey at ema
Reply 1590
Hah, I'm glad, it did sound a bit messed up.
How long did it take everyone to get the money in their account after giving the contract to the college?
cheers.
i gave my contract in last wednesday. and have received my money today.
i still havent got my NOE. What shall i do??
Smile-Like-You-Mean-It
i still havent got my NOE. What shall i do??

wait?
how long ago did you send off as the average time to get it back is over 2 months i've found,,

Also has anyone not had their parents P60 sent back? as the ema people never sent my mothers back.
only got paid 90 not 210

confused :s-smilie:
No EMA this week apparently, because the EMA people thought that some schools had a 2 week holiday, rather than 1 week. So, if you dont get paid this week (today) then dont be surprised.
Reply 1597
The NoE im guessing is the Part A and Part B form which you sign both top and bottom, you keep one and you give one half to the college/uni w/e to sign.

I did that 2yrs ago, back at my first ever college, since then I get letters asking if I want to continue. I've sent letters back saying yes, still no ema, they sent me another ema package but said i didnt need to fill it in fully, only certain parts, did that, they sent me it back saying its not filled in fully, (stupid retarded employees, bunch of idiot children), finally sent that in, 8 weeks down line still no god damn ema, ask at my college, turns out they think im not even on the system, WTF. I go nuts, got a letter when I got home saying thank you we've got your app and we will process it, blah blah, so now hopefully it should come through whenever them jackasses do there job and stop licking ink from pens. I god hope they go sued for the 3 million it said on news, I'd sue them every ******* penny i could, I've almost got to point where I aint even going into college because I just cannot afford it, costs £25 a week for me to, if i get a loan they give me vouchers worth like £40 worth! peak full day ones, i don't wanna pay more because a ****** company can't do their job.
i didnt get none today.... sucks.. either holiday or money!!

grr

ah well get it next week...
STILL waiting for my NoE. Sent off my application in May.

Tried phoning. Only get a recorded message...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending