The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Costco Edinburgh: How easy is it to get to?

I'm thinking of a self-catered flat in September and joining Costco to help with food costs. My question is, how easy is it to get to Costco from the university and what is the fridge/freezer storage space is ther in flats? Would it be better to concentrate buying on non-perishable items there?

Would it be best to get a taxi or is there a bus I could get with my flatmates to help carry stuff?

Thanks for your comments
Very Easy.

Come to my house and my Dad can give us a lift.

Or you can tak ethe 37 Bus (Lothian Company) and come off at STRAITON. And then walk into Costco buy your american sized groceries and be on your merry way.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Your better buying non perishable items as fridge/freezer space is limited. And yeah you can just take the bus as mentioned above.

Resist the massive Ikea though !!!
kissurmojo
I'm thinking of a self-catered flat in September and joining Costco to help with food costs. My question is, how easy is it to get to Costco from the university and what is the fridge/freezer storage space is ther in flats? Would it be better to concentrate buying on non-perishable items there?

Would it be best to get a taxi or is there a bus I could get with my flatmates to help carry stuff?

Thanks for your comments

Any savings you're likely to make at costco will all but be wiped out by getting there. In the UK, it's generally accepted that there's no huge advantage in shopping at places like Costco and I would agree. If you live in self-catered you won't have space to store enough items to make it worthwhile, and you'll be close enough to a dozen other supermarkets you can walk to for free and which sell plenty of good stuff for almost the same prices.
Reply 4
There's really no point in going to Costco; you can get food cheap enough at any of the shops in town. Also, carrying loads of stuff around won't be fun.
Reply 5
Thanks for your help everyone. Based on your advice, I'm not going to join but I will go with my Aunt and use her membership and car when she comes to visit me.

Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending