The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Is it easy to make friends if you start in January? (Prospective Exchange Student)

Hi Yall! I'm an intl. student looking to study in edinburgh in the spring, and I wanted to ask, how easy is it to make friends if i'll miss fresher week? Is it easy to join clubs/societies part-way through the school year?
Reply 1
There’s a “refreshers week” in January so in a sense, you won’t be missing out! :smile:)
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by XHannahR
There’s a “refreshers week” in January so in a sense, you won’t be missing out! :smile:)

AH ok that's great thank you!

Is refreshers week most just exchange students?

Also, do all of the clubs tend run events and recruit that week? I know some universities limit club recruiting to the first few weeks in the fall, and I wasn't sure.
Reply 3
Original post by xchangefee
AH ok that's great thank you!

Is refreshers week most just exchange students?

Also, do all of the clubs tend run events and recruit that week? I know some universities limit club recruiting to the first few weeks in the fall, and I wasn't sure.

Not sure if it’s the same at Edinburgh, but at my university, refreshers week wasn’t just exchange students! Quite a lot of other people went to the fair to join/discover new societies!
Sports clubs will carry out trials in freshers/after freshers week, but other societies will probs be fine to join during the year!
It might be best to contact the Students Union at Edinburgh and ask them any other questions that you may have!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending