The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Student2806
Facebook was dead to me the second my mother sent me a friend invitation. It's a no win situation - you can't ignore your own mum, but accept her and she's basically infiltrated your social life :dry: Parents are not meant to know what their kids get up to at university...

Haha i feel sorry for you.
I deactivated my facebook the other day. Temporary measure. Forces me to revise and not procrastinate. The temptation to activate it again is almost unbearable sometimes. I know a lot of ******** tbh, so not having to see their stupid updates and photos all the time makes my life less stressy.

My facebook vacation ain't so bad... :smile:
Reply 22
Facebook + private settings so every idiot from your high school you never talked to and don't care about does not get to "add you as a friend"=useful
Reply 23
i like it still. :smile: i liked groups and fan pages when they were funny, now they're like 'i hate it when you walk outside and a fridge falls on you' :/ huh. is it just me that finds that not funny? :frown: i do like nosing at other peoples profiles too aha and i have a lot of friends who don't live in England or who are travelling atm so it's easy and cheap to keep up with what they're doing. :smile:
Reply 24
*sigh*

Story of my life... just as I start using something it goes 'out of fashion'...
Reply 25
Annie72
Unless their page is private :p: :ninjagirl: .....just cancels out any ideas I may have had.

Haha true :yep:

However, I agree with some of the posters about those ******* groups!! I absolutely haaatteee them! Why do people join the most pointless crap and clog up my homepage? Grrrr :rant: I only join the ones that actually mean something or are genuinely (sp?) funny. Not those 'Join if you've ever walked into a lampost LOL!!' :facepalm2:
Reply 26
Anyone who doesn't see the point of social networking really doesn't have a clue.

linkedin anyone?
partoftheweekend
Might seem a bit dramatic. But its starting to get a bit annoying. Everybody and their nan seems to have it now and im getting invites from random relatives all over the place that I haven't spoken to for ages.

Imo social networks are made by who they exclude. Facebook was good when it was university students connecting. Now its just a way for people to nose around into each others affairs, or to shove up loads of unnecessary photos. Anyone else feeling like this at all?

Ye, I know what you mean. Family's cool and everything, but everyone does have it now, it's stupidly overwhelming.
Reply 28
Facebook is only good for Events, which I utilize. Other than that, I don't normally use Facebook that much or its applications. Some peoples' out-loud status are annoying as hell. Who cares if they're about to shower or to come home from hiking? :woo:
Reply 29
I use Facebook as I used to before it got infiltrated by loads of stupid fan pages and groups...I refuse to become a fan of stupid and more importantly grammatically incorrect fan pages like "Join if your missing sum1 you love loads" :rolleyes:. But like most other social networks I've witnessed the demise of,I'm sure Facebooks may come one day,but not for a while. Luckily most of my family are too technology illiterate to have Facebook-but I'm sure once I leave home it won't be the same... Oh and Facebook chat = FAIL.
NW86
Anyone who doesn't see the point of social networking really doesn't have a clue.

linkedin anyone?

I wasnt saying that. It does have a point but I don't want to social network with my great auntie from Australia or my girlfriends dad. Linkedinn is good but again if everyone on it it would be pointless. The fact that only certain people use it is the reason why it is good.
Reply 31
You can block virtually every application on the site. It's possible to avoid virtually all of the spam. I think Facebook will last quite a while yet - although inevitably someone will eventually come up with a better social networking site.
For a website that is so popular on an international scale, the interface is absolutely appalling. So many bugs and errors it gets quite tedious. Facebook chat is a fail, and to be honest I'm growing out of it now...it's getting quite boring.

I think the next step up is to have social networking merged with media sharing, so something like facebook + youtube + live tv + last.fm all combined in one :yep: So people can watch live tv together in groups and comment on the shows as its playing and have it more interactive with sharing favourite music/videos :yep:

I think I'm onto a billion dollar idea here :cool:
Nobody steal it :dry:
Maybe it'll just be a fad that was 'cool in its day'...like MySpace and Bebo used to be? Something 'way cooler and trendier' will replace it someday! :p:

I hate the new 'Live Feed' that is clogged up with so many of my friends joining useless groups that think they are so unique 'I love texting my other half' or something as equally dumb as that but in actual fact, EVERYONE does it and they've just been the idiot to popularise it in the annoying 'how many Facebook member's can we get?!' form! :mad: :mad:
Reply 34
Everybody's coming back to MSN. :yep:

I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away long.
Reply 35
If there was no facebook, how would I stalk my victims :sexface:
Reply 36
Undiscovery
You can do all of that with a pen and a paper; are you dense or something?

and spread it to 50+ people within minutes? for free?
Student2806
Facebook was dead to me the second my mother sent me a friend invitation. It's a no win situation - you can't ignore your own mum, but accept her and she's basically infiltrated your social life :dry: Parents are not meant to know what their kids get up to at university, but now she can see ******* photos of it 24/7...

Lol, my mum would never have a clue how to use facebook :biggrin: You could always put her on limited profile...
Reply 38
.... so you're saying it's the end of Facebook because more people are joining? :p:
face book is borin i prefer bebo lol

Latest

Trending

Trending