The Student Room Group

How do I find friends after no longer being in School?

Recently it has been very hard finding friends especially ones who are around my age and has similar interests (eg: ones that is into Anime, gaming, going out and exploring in a group.) I am very big into these hobbies.

It has been stressful to find one, being in school made making friends a bit easier because you are in a peer group with people at the exact same age

I tried the Meetup app but it was very hard to find people and I did not feel vibes from it

I am 20 years old and I know It will eventually happen but it has been on my head for 2 years now

Any advice to find friends? I am not in Uni at the moment and I am currently doing a level 2 Apprenticeship program but not in a mainstream school
I'm having a similar issue- since I left uni, I've found it very difficult to make new friends. It was alot easier at school cause we kind of didn't have a choice and found people with similar ages and interests, but after working, its becomes difficult.

I also tried the meetup app to see if there was any interesting groups or activities I can join but I didn't end up going to any of them just because I didn't feel like it.

At work, its hard to make real friends with colleagues cause its just work stuff we talk about so that's out of the question.

Hmm how about joining some classes or doing some courses to learn a skill? I'm going to try that in the new year- like taking up pottery and maybe I might meet someone there who also have similar interests with me.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I'm having a similar issue- since I left uni, I've found it very difficult to make new friends. It was alot easier at school cause we kind of didn't have a choice and found people with similar ages and interests, but after working, its becomes difficult.

I also tried the meetup app to see if there was any interesting groups or activities I can join but I didn't end up going to any of them just because I didn't feel like it.

At work, its hard to make real friends with colleagues cause its just work stuff we talk about so that's out of the question.

Hmm how about joining some classes or doing some courses to learn a skill? I'm going to try that in the new year- like taking up pottery and maybe I might meet someone there who also have similar interests with me.

i’m aware you said you’ve tried apps, but have you tried the facebook dating category within the facebook app? it can be used for just friends and it has a better vibe than stuff like yubo or tinder, may be worth a try?
Original post by greentiger
i’m aware you said you’ve tried apps, but have you tried the facebook dating category within the facebook app? it can be used for just friends and it has a better vibe than stuff like yubo or tinder, may be worth a try?

I haven't tried that. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending