The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have no idea, I'm doing it on tuesday. Maybe crime and globalisation..since it's new
Reply 2
Sitting it too.
Uzzy?
Maybe crime and globalisation..since it's new

Oh God.
Reply 3
Do everything. Never predict what's going to happen. Therefore you can pick and choose the questions you're most comfortable with.
Reply 4
no way a new topic like globalisation,dont stress the deviant world out 'uzzy'!

these are what im focusing on,since this is the last time you can sit this exam its got to be one of these-(last year so many predictions involving these so bound to be last time round)
ethnicity
suicide

obviously if you got more time do more,but idreally just say focus on that :smile: xx good luck x
missrosiex
no way a new topic like globalisation,dont stress the deviant world out 'uzzy'!

these are what im focusing on,since this is the last time you can sit this exam its got to be one of these-(last year so many predictions involving these so bound to be last time round)
ethnicity
suicide

obviously if you got more time do more,but idreally just say focus on that :smile: xx good luck x

The thing is though, it's not just Crime and Deviance, it's Theory and Methods too.

I can honestly feel a fail/resit coming on :getmecoat:
Reply 6
as this is the new spec does anyone know if there are any past papers, or is this the FIRST time this exam is available?
a12
as this is the new spec does anyone know if there are any past papers, or is this the FIRST time this exam is available?

Just the specimen paper on the AQA website.

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-SCLY4-W-SQP-07.PDF
Reply 8
oh sorry im taking the old spec,last time you can think your all doing newer xxx
Reply 9
Sakura-Chan
Just the specimen paper on the AQA website.

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-SCLY4-W-SQP-07.PDF

thank you, on the specification it says we got to learn- The relationship between theory and methods

i dont really get what this means, can u briefly explain please?
Reply 10
could someone please give me an example of each other these, In addition, A2 candidates should examine:
• Consensus, conflict, structural and social action
theories.
• The concepts of modernity and post-modernity in
relation to sociological theory.
• The nature of science and the extent to which
sociology can be regarded as scientific.
• The relationship between theory and methods.
• Debates about subjectivity, objectivity and value
freedom.
• The relationship between sociology and social
policy

please im really stuck
a12
could someone please give me an example of each other these, In addition, A2 candidates should examine:
Consensus, conflict, structural and social action
theories.
The concepts of modernity and post-modernity in
relation to sociological theory.
The nature of science and the extent to which
sociology can be regarded as scientific.
The relationship between theory and methods.
Debates about subjectivity, objectivity and value
freedom.
The relationship between sociology and social
policy

please im really stuck

Honestly, that's far too much to explain and for you to remember now. If I knew myself I'd try and help you but I missed a hell of a lot of classes this year and I don't know myself.
Reply 12
khyuma
Anyone have a clue whats gonna come up for the essay question?

Left and Right realism came up last time so I doubt it will be that again

revise new right realism because they could possibly ask a question social policies :eek:
Reply 13
I got an A overall last year but Im not going to be getting an A for this exam!! So much information! Teachers can't predict whats going to be on because we are the first year to take this paper :frown:
Bad timess
Reply 14
btw I was talking about the legacy exam, how did you guys find it?

I knew i should have focused on gender more
Reply 15
i thought the exam was pm for the new spec sociology and so i missed it! im so glad its not summer otherwise i wouldnt have been s.c.r.e.w.e.d!, anyway what came up im dying to kno, spill the beans on everythign that came guys?
a12
i thought the exam was pm for the new spec sociology and so i missed it! im so glad its not summer otherwise i wouldnt have been s.c.r.e.w.e.d!, anyway what came up im dying to kno, spill the beans on everythign that came guys?

Globalisation.
Ethnicity and crime.
Suicide.
The strengths and limitations of qualitative research methods in investigating the victims of crime.
How feminism has contributed to sociology.
Reply 17
Sakura-Chan
Globalisation.
Ethnicity and crime.
Suicide.
The strengths and limitations of qualitative research methods in investigating the victims of crime.
How feminism has contributed to sociology.

I kinda messed up question 1 because I didn't revise globalisation and ethnicity and crime in enough detail :frown:
I thought question 3 was great!! and question 2 was also quite nice.
How did you find it?
Mudya
I kinda messed up question 1 because I didn't revise globalisation and ethnicity and crime in enough detail :frown:
I thought question 3 was great!! and question 2 was also quite nice.
How did you find it?

Bad. Question 2 was great, I messed up 3 and probably only got 7/8 marks, the globalisation one was bad as that's the only part of C&D I didn't learn at all :facepalm:

I'll definitely be resitting, lol.
Reply 19
Sakura-Chan
Bad. Question 2 was great, I messed up 3 and probably only got 7/8 marks, the globalisation one was bad as that's the only part of C&D I didn't learn at all :facepalm:

I'll definitely be resitting, lol.

Yeah I think so too, i hardly wrote anything for the 21 marker! I think to get an A its something like 55/90 but the grade boundaries are not fixed yet so you never know.
The resit will be on the 29th of June, that's great for us!
Good Luck with all your other exams!

Latest

Trending

Trending