The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by museobsessed
I get that part, but in the episode Finn says "we don't just need a bad song, it needs to be downright offensive", and Mr Shue and everyone are disgusted after they sing it. Something do to with the song and the costumes Finn and Rachel were wearing during that song make it offensive and I didn't understand why

Ohh, I get you, I thought you meant 'why were they trying to make it offensive' rather than 'what was it that made the song offensive'. My bad!

It was a love song (with overtones of sexytime - "come give me your sweetness, I'm lying safe in your arms...") between a priest and a barely-legal Catholic schoolgirl.

And as if that wasn't bad enough, the song's about being 'born again' through romance and sexytime, which - especially combined with the costumes - brings to mind the resurrection of Christ, and adds a whole 'nother layer of tasteless. Particularly because, as we saw in 'Grilled Cheesus', religion's kind of a big deal for quite a few of the Glee kids.
Original post by museobsessed
I get that part, but in the episode Finn says "we don't just need a bad song, it needs to be downright offensive", and Mr Shue and everyone are disgusted after they sing it. Something do to with the song and the costumes Finn and Rachel were wearing during that song make it offensive and I didn't understand why

I didn't get this either but apparently it's because they were dressed as a nun/priest (?? been a while since I saw it so this might not be quite right) and the song is quite provocative.
Original post by -honeybee-
I didn't get this either but apparently it's because they were dressed as a nun/priest (?? been a while since I saw it so this might not be quite right) and the song is quite provocative.

Yeah, that's it! I found it funny! :laugh:
ah cool, thanks for the explainations guys
Loved the Rocky Horror show - especially Time Warp, Will & Emma's song and Kurt in a wig.

A clip of Bieste in an upcoming episode looks amazing. I hope she's in more eps.
PS. Is there a reason Puck is in juvy? Is it purely to give Sam time to settle in with Quinn??
I've already watched the Rocky Horror ep (10 kinds of awesome!) and the one after with my lovely Bieste... :love:
Now waiting for the superbowl ep? Or is it the one with Gwyneth Paltrow? I can't keep up lol
I think they should do a Sondheim themed episode, I know most people don't know who he is, but it's only fair considering he's one of the most influential musical theatre composers ever! And they've already had Bernadette Peters on so... it has to be done! And I would die to see Sue Sylvester singing 'Ladies who Lunch' or doing the 'Beans' rap from Into the Woods. :sad:
Gwyneth Paltrow's next :smile:
Reply 1107
Original post by diamonddust
I've already watched the Rocky Horror ep (10 kinds of awesome!) and the one after with my lovely Bieste... :love:
Now waiting for the superbowl ep? Or is it the one with Gwyneth Paltrow? I can't keep up lol
I think they should do a Sondheim themed episode, I know most people don't know who he is, but it's only fair considering he's one of the most influential musical theatre composers ever! And they've already had Bernadette Peters on so... it has to be done! And I would die to see Sue Sylvester singing 'Ladies who Lunch' or doing the 'Beans' rap from Into the Woods. :sad:

Wait, when did they have Bernadette Peters on? :s-smilie:

The superbowl ep was shown on Sunday in the US.

Spoiler

i hate what they did with sweet transvestite. bleurgh.
Am currently watching the superbowl one aha :biggrin:
Reply 1110
Original post by ferret123
Is there a reason Puck is in juvy? Is it purely to give Sam time to settle in with Quinn??

No it was because at that time, Mark Salling (Puck) was busy releasing his debut album, Pipe Dreams.

I agree with Bezzler, the Superbowl episode was okay. Can't believe it managed to gain 27million views.

Spoiler

Love need you now! :love:
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Love need you now! :love:

The more I see Rachel and Puck together the more I like them and the more I get mad at Finn.
Just watched the next 4 episodes of Glee (episodes 6-9) online. So good! :biggrin: First time in season 2 that I've actually laughed at the episodes. I love Brittany's one liners...she's so funny! :lol:
Reply 1114
Newest ep America time spoilers.

Spoiler

Original post by Bezzler
Wait, when did they have Bernadette Peters on? :s-smilie:

The superbowl ep was shown on Sunday in the US.

Spoiler

I thought it was series 1. I vaguely recall Bernie being in an office with Schue but I've googled it and I can't find it. Maybe I made it up! :eek3: :sad:
Well if it hasn't happened, it needs to happen!
Original post by Smeh
Newest ep America time spoilers.

Spoiler

So agreed!
also.

Spoiler

My mum got me the Glee Season 1 Volume 2 soundtrack from the library and 'You're having my baby' STILL kills me! :laugh:
I don't remember Mercedes singing it but 'Don't Make Me Over' is gorgeous!
I actually liked what they did with Sweet Transvestite.

:getmecoat:
Has Glee been on, on American TV recently? The last ep I watched was the Rocky Horror show one.

Quick Reply

Latest