The Student Room Group

What nationality are you?

C'mon... so what are you?

Scroll to see replies

i'm english but live in spain, and you?
Australian and Proud :biggrin: :biggrin: :cool: *hollar out to the numerous other Aussies on here :rolleyes: * Anyway haha we rock :p:

How's life in Adelaide, Pete? :wink:
Reply 3
Cypriot-Portuguese
Australian born Vietnamese/Chinese. I have never ever left Australia.
Stupid question, but do you get used to the heat?
Yeah, but I just can't stand it when the temperature is under 10 degrees.

A whole week of 35+degree days is fine though!

* celcius, not that silly farenheight stuff.
Reply 7
Im from Canada eh!!!!
in spain at the mo, it is really hot about 35 celsius to 40 where i am, i can't stand it! i've lived here for a year so i haven't acclimatised yet, and when it's really hot, i sit in my room with the air conditioning on full blast! :smile:
I go outside and sweat myself silly. :biggrin:
French - living in England
Not sure! Erm well, I've a british passport. Parents are irish and french. I was born in spain and am always mistaken for german as that's what i speak most. And the majority of my mates are dutch!
Take your pick! Any ideas!?
Yeah man! it's getting used to the extreme temperature changes!
In the summer, I sweat myself silly on my bike! But that's not really recommended.
Reply 12
Parents are both Sri Lankan, but we all hold British passports, and are British citizens.

(I was born here, btw)
Reply 13
Hi, I'm french, so are my parents, but my grandfather is American, and so are two of my uncles.
Reply 14
Im bangladeshi but live in london
Mrs. Political
i'm english but live in spain, and you?

But they asked you your nationality. As laid by various acts of Parliament, there's no such thing as English nationality. You can be English and British, Canadian, Australian... just as there are people who are of Indian origin and who have these same nationalities...
It's your nationality people :rolleyes:, not your origin or ethnicity. If you're Bangladeshi and born in the UK, you have British nationality unless you apply for Bangladeshi nationality at the embassy or in Bangladesh and even then, I'm not sure that suffices... You have a nationality when you can own a passport of that country for example. You then become a national of that country: you can be a British national and have any kind of ethnic background.

I have British and French nationalities by the way...own two passports.
SamTheMan
But they asked you your nationality. As laid by various acts of Parliament, there's no such thing as English nationality. You can be English and British, Canadian, Australian... just as there are people who are of Indian origin and who have these same nationalities...

bloody hell, i'm british then....
Mrs. Political. I've a funny feeling I know you. Gemma is it from LES?
yeah, are you in paris now, what's with the location in paree..... it's marco isn't it?

Quick Reply

Latest