The Student Room Group

What nationality are you?

Scroll to see replies

I am british, but my father was polish and my mum grew up in Germany..
American!
British/New Zealand... two passports :biggrin:
italian living in edinburgh :biggrin:
German English-speaker who live in Germany. Are there Japanese or Uruguayan people?
I'm Scottish :smile:
British. Apparently I can get Israeli and Austrian too though.
I have a Swedish passport (was born there) but I've been living in England since I was 4. Though, my ethnicity is extremely mixed. I'm a quarter Spanish, an eighth Swedish, an eighth Finnish, quarter Berber-Moroccan, and a quarter Indo-Guyanese (may have some native american from there too). So quite a mix, though when people ask me where I'm from, I never really have a clue about what to say :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by beansontoast93
I have a Swedish passport (was born there) but I've been living in England since I was 4. Though, my ethnicity is extremely mixed. I'm a quarter Spanish, an eighth Swedish, an eighth Finnish, quarter Berber-Moroccan, and a quarter Indo-Guyanese (may have some native american from there too). So quite a mix, though when people ask me where I'm from, I never really have a clue about what to say :s-smilie:

I have never seen a person who has so many nationalities. I'm astonished. Did you have distant relations in the whole world or why you are so multinational? Are you Japanese and/or Uruguayan too?
Original post by Kallisto
I have never seen a person who has so many nationalities. I'm astonished. Did you have distant relations in the whole world or why you are so multinational? Are you Japanese and/or Uruguayan too?

Yep, I have relatives all over the world. But I only have a Swedish passport. My mother is half Indo-Guyanese (people from the Caribbean who are originally Indian) from her dad, and my mum's mother is half Swedish/half Finnish but raised in Sweden. My father is half Berber-Moroccan (Berbers are a type of people found in Morocco, the original people of Morocco before the Arabs came, though most modern Berbers are very mixed) from his fathers side, and his mother is a Spanish Arab. So yes, I am extremely mixed lol :biggrin: My maternal grandparents met in London in the 60's when they both worked at the Savoy Hotel, and my paternal grandparents met in Morocco (there are a lot of Spaniards in Morocco). My mum and dad met in Sweden :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Yep, I have relatives all over the world. But I only have a Swedish passport. My mother is half Indo-Guyanese (people from the Caribbean who are originally Indian) from her dad, and my mum's mother is half Swedish/half Finnish but raised in Sweden. My father is half Berber-Moroccan (Berbers are a type of people found in Morocco, the original people of Morocco before the Arabs came, though most modern Berbers are very mixed) from his fathers side, and his mother is a Spanish Arab. So yes, I am extremely mixed lol :biggrin: My maternal grandparents met in London in the 60's when they both worked at the Savoy Hotel, and my paternal grandparents met in Morocco (there are a lot of Spaniards in Morocco). My mum and dad met in Sweden :smile:

I would love to see your family tree. :biggrin: That can be interesting. Are you a multilingual person too? which languages of your relation are your native ones? which of them do you speak fluently? I bed on Swedish, Spanish and English.
50% English, 25% Welsh, 25% Maltese
British and South African nationality. I'm half Scottish and half South African. I'll identify as both British and South African.
I would love to see your family tree. :biggrin: That can be interesting. Are you a multilingual person too? which languages of your relation are your native ones? which of them do you speak fluently? I bed on Swedish, Spanish and English.

I speak Swedish too :smile: because I was born there and my mum and grandmother grew up there. My grandparents live there too :smile: Swedish is basically the same language as Norwegian so I can understand about 85% of Norwegian and maybe 60% of Danish. I used to be able to speak Arabic when I was little but I've since forgotten it :frown: but unfortunately I can't speak Spanish. And yeah, one day I'd like to look up more of my family tree, and maybe do a dna test to see from where most of my dna is from. How about you? Where are you from? :smile: I personally think being from Britain must be really interesting, they have so much history :redface:
I speak Swedish too :smile: because I was born there and my mum and grandmother grew up there. My grandparents live there too :smile: Swedish is basically the same language as Norwegian so I can understand about 85% of Norwegian and maybe 60% of Danish. (...) How about you? Where are you from? (...)

I didn't know that all kinds of Scandinavian languages are so similar to each other. As I have written above and long time ago I'm German. Not so interesting like yours, but popular enough for British people. I have met a lot British people at least who are interest in German literature and history...
Reply 1595
British
I didn't know that all kinds of Scandinavian languages are so similar to each other. As I have written above and long time ago I'm German. Not so interesting like yours, but popular enough for British people. I have met a lot British people at least who are interest in German literature and history...

I find German culture very interesting :smile: I maybe not be in a big majority, (though I know many people who agree) but I also think German is a very nice language, actually with Spanish, it's my favourite. I have been to Hamburg a few times. And the food (and of course beer :tongue:) is nice in Germany too.
Reply 1597
Poland, I love the place where I live, but I'd like to move out as soon as it's only possible. :smile:
i'm actually half american and half german & live in jersey (channel islands) for 6 years now but grew up in florida..
at home i talk german a lot w/ my mom, but yet i've been to germany only once (hamburg ). i'd really love to go there again!:smile:
Puertorican/american

Quick Reply

Latest