The Student Room Group

Analyst Wardrobe

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Any advice for girls? Most of my smart clothes are from warehouse and some from Karen Millen.
Any where else I can find smart clothes but with a little bit more character to them? Don't like wearing the traditional suit and skirts/dresses :o:
loggins
2-3 decent and reasonable suits
2 pairs of black shoes
10 shirts
few ties

Nothing too fancy.

The likes of Topman acceptable? Or would you stick with the more traditional names?
Reply 182
Entrepreneur_NO1
The likes of Topman acceptable? Or would you stick with the more traditional names?

As long as it's none of that skinny trousers, skinny jacket, skinny tie **** from Topman, then yeah.
Reply 183
When are summer sales? Before June 28? :o:
Antzlck
When are summer sales? Before June 28? :o:

I think last year they were just after the start of work, which was a bummer.

Look smart, not scruffy, and don't pretend you're on the catwalk.
Obviously things are way more lax on the trading floor, but it differs from desk-to-desk.

No more than 2 suits if required by any means of the imagination. 2 pairs of shoes I cannot stress enough - I did 10 weeks on 1 pair. Suffice to say they won't be seeing the light of day again.

I don't know if you need TEN shirts (jesus loggins, it's called a washing machine man!), but if you're in IBD you might find yourself running into M&S to pick some up.

I think people sometimes worry too much, but in my opinion you really just want to blend in. It's great to be "that intern" if you pull some crazy trade idea out of your arse, but not if you look a bit ridiculous.
Reply 185
As an intern could you get away with a shirt/ trousers/ cardigan or jumper combo( maybe with tie also)?
jakezg
As an intern could you get away with a shirt/ trousers/ cardigan or jumper combo( maybe with tie also)?

Risk vs reward.
Shushi
Any advice for girls? Most of my smart clothes are from warehouse and some from Karen Millen.
Any where else I can find smart clothes but with a little bit more character to them? Don't like wearing the traditional suit and skirts/dresses :o:

http://www.mergersandinquisitions.com/investment-banking-wardrobe-for-women/
Reply 188
I've read this

http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/for-the-girls

but would still like to hear what other girls are wearing. Thoughts?
Reply 189
jakezg

Just..no.
Reply 190
what about bags, will a nike rucksack do (intern S&T)?
^ Tesco carrier bag, if you are really baller.
Reply 192
Reply 193
a flat peak, doo rag and sweat band is a must. I barely know any ballers without them.
Reply 194
LoZEr

I'd imagine a briefcase or messenger bag type thing that matches your suit more so?
Reply 195
Jimi Haze
I'd imagine a briefcase or messenger bag type thing that matches your suit more so?

Interns with a briefcase? WOOP. Banter.
You don't really need a messenger bag, the only papers you'll have to take away from the office are from induction.

I occasionally took a hold all for gym kit, squash racket, spare shirt etc.
LoZEr

Make sure you abandon any kind of lame branded bag that they give you in the first week/day.
President_Ben
Make sure you abandon any kind of lame branded bag that they give you in the first week/day.

Why?
Reply 199
*Hi, im an intern and i work at Bank X, look at my nice new canvas bag they gave me. Im cool. Please laugh at me and mock me*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending