The Student Room Group

Wearing a corset everyday?

I wear a corset most days and have done for some time now. I wear one as underwear mostly, though some of my more pretty corsets I do wear on show.

If I wear one I will wear it all day. I wear one to 6th form most days (under my uniform). I wear one at the weekend.

I wouldn't say I'm a tight lacing fanatic, though having worn one so much I can and do lace moderately tightly - 4" reduction down to a 20"
I have no intention of trying to lace any tighter.

A few of my friends think I'm....unique doing this. I don't know anyone else who wears one regularly.

The question is - does anyone else wear one almost daily? Does anyone else bother to wear one as underwear. Does anyone else wear one to school (6th form)?

Or is this pretty unique?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah it makes you a unique little snowflake. but I don't see the benefits. I have a corset like tops and stuff with boning in them but I'd never wear a real one.
Reply 2
ooh saucy

i dont know anyone who's done that, thats so cool
Reply 3
KateRosie
Must be to wear one everyday...I'd find that very very uncomfortable!

its not uncomfortable - somedays its more noticable than other but mostly its fine
I ache after I've worn mine all night, couldnt wear it everyday! (Don't have enough to wear everyday)
Reply 5
Corsets equal win. Therefore, you win.
Reply 6
tropical-twist3
I ache after I've worn mine all night, couldnt wear it everyday! (Don't have enough to wear everyday)

i used to get that quite a bit when i first started to wear one - but the more used to it you get the less it happens - don't get it very often at all now

i'm still wearing my corset now - put it on this morning when i got up
Do you wear corsets instead of bras? Or with them? Either way, sounds pretty cool of you, doing something different from others. I don't wear corsets by the way.
Reply 8
Corsets = hot. Keep up the good work, and try convince others to follow in your path! *thumbs up*
lucylooloo

The question is - does anyone else wear one almost daily? Does anyone else bother to wear one as underwear. Does anyone else wear one to school (6th form)?

Or is this pretty unique?

Why do you ask this loads? Seriously?
Reply 10
So what you really want is for us to all tell you how incredibly sexy, unique and pin up you are. Yes a lot of people wear corsets all the time, i would if i had the money.
i never see lace-up corsets around, where do you get them?
Reply 12
Are they expensive? More importantly, don't you get really overheated? That's what's always bothered me about the idea.
Reply 13
cassandraleighanne
i never see lace-up corsets around, where do you get them?

www.whatkatiedid.com
www.fairygothmother.com
www.axfords.com

iif possible you need to try a corset first - the top 2 have good shops in london
Reply 14
I thought the health implications of high heels were second only to the health implications of corsets, in terms of bodily mutilation due to clothing. Certainly it's not good for you.
Reply 15
You are so cool.
Reply 16
I wear corselettes, but I don't have any corsets yet.
Reply 17
Jelkin
Are they expensive? More importantly, don't you get really overheated? That's what's always bothered me about the idea.

mine have cost between £95 and £195 - i have 5 at the mo though one is a bit worn so i don't really wear it now

sometimes it can be a bit warm but mostly its okay - depends on what i'm wearing really - i guess wearing one at 6th form is when i can find it too warm sometimes as it is underneather my uniform (shirt, tie, skirt, blazer) and our 6th form is sometimes quite warm - but at weekends and things its usally fine
Reply 18
Is your waist thinning, even without the lacing? I wear corsets all the time, makes you feel so sexy :smile:
Reply 19
Sequin
Is your waist thinning, even without the lacing? I wear corsets all the time, makes you feel so sexy :smile:

no - i dont think so - i was 25" when i started - im 24" now but i think thats down to exercise more than lacing - i find as soon as i unlace i go back to 24" from 20"

Quick Reply

Latest