The Student Room Group

Modest Clothing / Islamic Clothing

Its been about 9 months now i have started 'living' Islam, the more i learn the more i feel purpose. Anyways, cut long story short i wanted to discuss clothing. Ofcourse you can find modest clothing in high street shops like Primark or H&M, or your online retailers like Hayati.co.uk, or bazaars, but my question is how comfortable are you wearing Islamic clothing in places like Universities, Libraries or elsewhere... did you feel alienated?
Ive heard so many stories and was shocked, luckily i had quite a pleasant experience having completed my batchelor degree in 2012. Is this true? Is the modern world becoming less accepting?
Reply 1
Original post by ProphetsPath114
Its been about 9 months now i have started 'living' Islam, the more i learn the more i feel purpose. Anyways, cut long story short i wanted to discuss clothing. Ofcourse you can find modest clothing in high street shops like Primark or H&M, or your online retailers like Hayati.co.uk, or bazaars, but my question is how comfortable are you wearing Islamic clothing in places like Universities, Libraries or elsewhere... did you feel alienated?
Ive heard so many stories and was shocked, luckily i had quite a pleasant experience having completed my batchelor degree in 2012. Is this true? Is the modern world becoming less accepting?

I wear modest clothing to university everyday
whether it being abaya's or a long skirt
I havent had a bad experience as of yet
Reply 2
Original post by ProphetsPath114

When you say "Islamic clothing" do you mean traditional Arab dress or just any loose-fitting clothes that cover the whole body?
i feel very comfortable in my university wearing modest clothing whether its abaya or shalwar kamiz.
Reply 4
Modest clothes are the best you can wear. Wear it with full confidence you don't need the acceptance of society.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending