The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hobo06
Hmm not much here at the moment... No doubt it will hit later overnight and I'll wake up to it. My village doesn't get gritted at all, so the roads are horrible. Thank **** for 4 wheel drive!
I don't get snow days, my manager was a complete knob when we had the last lot of snow. I'll just pray it doesn't take me 2 hours to get to work again!

Well, good luck! I hope the journey to work is ok for you!
Whereabouts do you work in Canters?

Yes, I know!
Reply 22
>Anna<
Well, good luck! I hope the journey to work is ok for you!
Whereabouts do you work in Canters?

Haha thanks! Though I'm taking my brother to school as well as he won't ride his motorbike in the snow, so it won't be a lonely drive if I do get stuck.
I work at Matalan!
Yep snow here in Kent too...it's starting to irritate me now, especially when I get a face full of the stuff lol, bring on Spring already, I miss enjoying long walks.
if anyone's tired of the snow, here's a little something for you:http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=285096827934&ref=ts
hobo06
Haha thanks! Though I'm taking my brother to school as well as he won't ride his motorbike in the snow, so it won't be a lonely drive if I do get stuck.
I work at Matalan!

:eek:...we have a Matalan in Canterbury! I did not know this!
No, again nothing happened in my area
RachelOranges
Yep snow here in Kent too...it's starting to irritate me now, especially when I get a face full of the stuff lol, bring on Spring already, I miss enjoying long walks.

Same actually, another thing I'm getting annoyed with are the cold mornings and frozen pavements. Although the snow we got here in Nottingham was pathetic compared to the pics Baltimoron posted so I guess I can't complain :colondollar:
Reply 28
I officially hate the snow at the moment :frown: With the snow in January it caused next door's pipes to freeze (they were away for the week) and they burst, flooding our house too :frown:

Its been like 4/5 weeks and we are still waiting for the insurance company to send a guy around to measure for a new carpet and kitchen floor!
Reply 29
>Anna<
:eek:...we have a Matalan in Canterbury! I did not know this!

We do indeed! Sturry Road (same road as ASDA, near KFC, PC World, McDonalds, TK Maxx and a few others, as well as Peacocks opening next week). Bit of a journey if you're at Kent uni, not so much if you're at CCCU.
Reply 30
RachelOranges

Why is it that places closer to the sea get more snow than inland parts? I wont complain, it means i can leave the house :h:
You guys are wimps. :biggrin:
We have no snow thank god, just a few snow showers on my way to and from uni.
Reply 33
I've had enough of the snow. :nothing:
Tom.
Why is it that places closer to the sea get more snow than inland parts? I wont complain, it means i can leave the house :h:

If it makes you feel better, I live on the sea front in East Dorset and we were one of the few places in the UK not to get more than a cm of snow last time, although we had a major problem with ice :shifty:
hobo06
We do indeed! Sturry Road (same road as ASDA, near KFC, PC World, McDonalds, TK Maxx and a few others, as well as Peacocks opening next week). Bit of a journey if you're at Kent uni, not so much if you're at CCCU.

I'm at Kent uni but we head out that way pretty much every week for Asda anyway...according to Google maps it's across the road from PC World?! We were looking for that last weekend and gave up in the end!
Ha, shows how much I know about Canterbury :p:
Reply 36
letsdothetimewarpagain
If it makes you feel better, I live on the sea front in East Dorset and we were one of the few places in the UK not to get more than a cm of snow last time, although we had a major problem with ice :shifty:

We had a lot a few months ago, but never lasting long enough to make a snowperson :frown:

Also:

http://cfc.wjla.com/videoondemand.cfm?id=58629&category=snow

^Video of the storm from today. Really illustrates the white out conditions. Keep in mind that this was just from today. We had about 30 inches of snow already on the ground.
It snowed a tiny bit earlier in London, didn't really settle. Apparently going to be more overnight... A friend of mine in Ashford said it's really really heavy there, as does the BBC. The snow always manages to avoid London.
Reply 39
>Anna<
I'm at Kent uni but we head out that way pretty much every week for Asda anyway...according to Google maps it's across the road from PC World?! We were looking for that last weekend and gave up in the end!
Ha, shows how much I know about Canterbury :p:

I take it when you go to Asda it's on your left? Just keep going along the road, past the petrol station, and up to the next roundabout. Turn left at the roundabout for PC World, right for Matalan. You should be able to see them all from the roundabout anyway.

Keeping on topic :ninja: had no more snow here yet.

Latest

Trending

Trending