The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
isabella19
I can sympathise with you completely - you have such excellent UMS as well, UCL history must have been a real bloodbath this year :frown:

Universities tend to get more competitive each year so unless there is something huge you can do to improve your application it might not be worth reapplying - I think it's basically a lottery for certain courses.

That being said, if you want to have a gap year (for travelling, work experience, general maturity etc) then why not reapply? Just make sure that getting a place at UCL isn't the main aim of your gap year.

What were your GCSEs, if you don't mind me asking?

I think it was like that with most top universities this year. Apparently next year will be even worse.

Well, I'm planning on doing a lot of work experience at museums, internships and a trip around Europe. Which I think would really boost my PS from what it was this year. I will also have my grades next year and I'm hoping for 2 A*s and an A. When I applied this year, my school decided to have them undeclared and put my predicted grades as 3 As (despite my over 90% in two of them.) I'm also going to write clear opinions about the books I mentioned in my PS. So I really hope that is all very impressive.

No, UCL wasn't my main aim. I still have a chance at SSEES.

GCSEs weren't that impressive - 3 A*s, 1 A, the rest Bs and 1 C in French. This was actually above average for the school I was at and I never realised how many As I achieved would be so significant to want to improve them.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
logic123
i dont give a s**t about the social aspect of uni , i jut want to go there get my degree and start life, plenty of time to party one you graduated

That is pathetic, especially the 'start life' bit, it sounds like you've been captivated in a prison cell all your life and your waiting to get out. Is all you care about your grades and your degree? Are you a person that has fallen into the trap that goes something like ' I go to school, get a degree, end up in a "respectable job", marry, retire, die' and in between all of that you might realise something important, however it will probably be too late.

Latest

Trending

Trending