The Student Room Group

IMPORTANT!! Need Help -- Applying through UCAS Twice

Ok, so I've applied through UCAS for biomedicine in current cycle (Oct 2009), but now changed my mind and I want to do something different at uni.
I'm thinking to re-apply in Oct 2010 cycle and reject my current offers.

My question(s):
Can I apply again in Oct 2010 through UCAS...through my current school??
Will my chances of getting into uni be affected in a negative way, if I do this -- will I be at any disadvantage compared to others??
What's the procedure if I've to re-apply??

In your opinion, should I take a gap year and re-apply in Oct 2010 or should I just accept the offer I curently have [I've an offer frm WARWICK for biomedicine BUT I want to go to WARWICK for maths]

Silly thought but I can't in some way switch my current offer for biomed to maths&physics (joint course)? :biggrin:

PS: sorry for long post...any comments will be really helpful :smile:
Contact Warwick and ask. They might change your offer.
Thanks I'll try that tomorrow....
If they don't let me switch, do you think I should take a gap year or accept the offer for biomed at Warwick??
tqpbuildingbonds
Thanks I'll try that tomorrow....
If they don't let me switch, do you think I should take a gap year or accept the offer for biomed at Warwick??

Well, will you be happy doing biomedicine at Warwick? That's what matters.
Reply 4
Look on UCAS Extra.. you can reject all of your current choices and apply for new ones (one at a time) until you get an offer from a course which you like. That way you'd still be able to go to uni this October instead of taking a year out.
taheki
Look on UCAS Extra.. you can reject all of your current choices and apply for new ones (one at a time) until you get an offer from a course which you like. That way you'd still be able to go to uni this October instead of taking a year out.

I'm thinking of doing maths...found a couple of courses on Extra..but do you think I should try for those courses and go to uni this October or take a year out and do Further maths A-level?? 'cos currentl i'm only doing maths and not f.maths..
F1 fanatic
Well, will you be happy doing biomedicine at Warwick? That's what matters.

No, that's the thing...I don't want to end in reasearch (that's where biomedicine degree will lead me)

Will I be at a disadvantage if i re-apply in Oct '10, compared to the ppl who are applying for first time?
tqpbuildingbonds
No, that's the thing...I don't want to end in reasearch (that's where biomedicine degree will lead me)

Will I be at a disadvantage if i re-apply in Oct '10, compared to the ppl who are applying for first time?

Not really, just make sure you try to do something constructive with any gap year.
Reply 8
If you take a year out and take up further maths, then apply for maths at uni, there shouldn't be any problem (provided you do well).

Latest

Trending

Trending