The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
dogtanian
Ann Summers' pants are, well, pants.

Badly made, IMO.

And the only people you ever see in the shop are small groups of wide eyed fourteen year old boys.

I've never actually bought anything from there because it's a rip off. A male friend of mine accidentally walked into an Ann Summers party at uni once - his stories are fantastic :wink:
Doom_and_Gloom
Am I the only one that actually prefers thongs and g-stings? I find that french knickers are uncomfortable as they try and "ride up" where they aren't designed to go. Thongs and g-strings are designed to do it and feel more comfortable to me. Half the time I don't realise I'm wearing then unlike the french knickers I have.

:dito:

Me too. I love thongs.
Reply 42
*shudders* @ net body stockings.
What would possess someone?
Reply 43
blissy
*shudders* @ net body stockings.
What would possess someone?

only an S&M probably :eek:
Haha, my boyfriend was forced to spend all evening and all night looked in his room once in his first year because his female flatmates decided to host an Ann Summers party there. He kept texting me about the scary cackling and snippets of drunken sex toy-related conversations that he kept overhearing.

Poor sod, I think he was traumatised...
dogtanian
I'm a girl, but the reason I prefer them is there's actually a lot of knicker for your money. Even though it's really a thong of sorts, they're a lot more subtle. You're still pretty covered up (though not very because you'd still be stood there in your underwear).

They're just classy, innit?
:biggrin:

I agree, they're a lot nicer than thongs! More comfortable for a start, and I always think they look much better. Black and pink lace ones are nice, and if you want some v cheap I think New Look do some fun ones with butterflies - but places like La Senza are nicer
i swear by la senza lace french knickers! they look nice and cover up any horrible bits you may have!
Horrible bits? What horrible bits??

Meh.....guys love your horrible bits. Or they don't notice them.
Reply 48
susiemakemeblue

True - they're usually interested in other things by the time you're down to your underwear!
Reply 49
Geogger Explanation:

I just think they look the best, as i associate thongs and g-strings look a bit tartier to me, french knickers as someone else has commented on are a bit classier, it also leaves more to the imagination which makes you wanna rip em off more
Reply 50
jameso88
Geogger Explanation:

I just think they look the best, as i associate thongs and g-strings look a bit tartier to me, french knickers as someone else has commented on are a bit classier, it also leaves more to the imagination which makes you wanna rip em off more

Thank you - I couldn't agree more!
susiemakemeblue

mine personally or in general??
Reply 52
From la senza, french knickers. But my fave is anything from victoria's secret - they're all wonderful :biggrin:
Reply 53
Oh oh, looks as though I'd better get some new underwear as the majority of mine is composed of thongs :frown:
Reply 54
I love French knickers too. La Senza are doing 5 for £12 at the moment - my favourite are the green ones with pink lace, and the pink spotty ones with orange lace. You can get matching vests and bras too. :smile:
Reply 55
i was looking at the french knickers as an alternative to wearing big knickers at the bad time of the month, but the backs seem to thong like so i dont think it would work.
Reply 56
Helenia
I've never actually bought anything from there because it's a rip off. A male friend of mine accidentally walked into an Ann Summers party at uni once - his stories are fantastic :wink:

I bought a pretty chemise (reasonably priced) at an Ann Summers party my friend held a couple of weeks ago, but I wasn't too impressed with some of the underwear the rep brought. A lot was overpriced, as you say.
Reply 58
La Senza is definately the best when it comes to underwear, but Debenhams and H&M do some good stuff as well.
As a male I feel compelled to say underwear of any variety does absolutely nothing for me. Generally I think camisole tops look sexy, because of the shape, but as for actual underwear, I couldn't care less what the shape, size or colour was. I have never ever seen one piece of underwear be it on a person, in a shop or on the internet that has ever turned me on or got me mildly aroused. My girlfriend could turn me on wearing leggings, a scarf, a big bomber jacket and a wooly hat with bobbles on.

Latest