The Student Room Group

Clothes for new college ...

Hi,
I start my new college in September and today I went to look through for my wardrobe and found that the majority of what I have are too small and outdated so really I need some more. :redface: I went out recently to the last minute sales in Manchester (near where I live at the moment) and I got some really decent bargains and I went to a few of the cool shops around the northern quarter ( - I wana recommend Pop Boutique on Oldham Road/Street :confused: ) Oh well I guess I can always get some more during college but I was wondering what the deal is in 6th form colleges. Do people usually wear a different outfit every day or swap every tops or trousers usually. I sorta have this fear that I'll stand out among other people because I'm moving to a quite "well off" area and my new 6th form is what I'd say was "posh" for me. This post might sound stupid but it's just what I was hoping someone could help me out with. Thanks
Reply 1
Just mix and match clothing. You don't need a new, different outfit for everyday. ^_^
Reply 2
i brought loads of 3 tops for 10 pound type thing and mixed and matched them with different trousers througout the week.
Reply 3
Ninevah i had the same problem cos all tho my sixth form is state school it is full of private school kids, all u need is jeans and just get loads of tees need a maximum of 5 pairs of jeans/trousers and then just mix the tees and jeans
ninevah
Hi,
I start my new college in September and today I went to look through for my wardrobe and found that the majority of what I have are too small and outdated so really I need some more. :redface: I went out recently to the last minute sales in Manchester (near where I live at the moment) and I got some really decent bargains and I went to a few of the cool shops around the northern quarter ( - I wana recommend Pop Boutique on Oldham Road/Street :confused: ) Oh well I guess I can always get some more during college but I was wondering what the deal is in 6th form colleges. Do people usually wear a different outfit every day or swap every tops or trousers usually. I sorta have this fear that I'll stand out among other people because I'm moving to a quite "well off" area and my new 6th form is what I'd say was "posh" for me. This post might sound stupid but it's just what I was hoping someone could help me out with. Thanks

I wouldn't worry about it. I find at college most people have 2 or 3 outfits they wear in slightly differing variations over and over again - I only noticed because like you, I was worried I might not have as many different outfits as some people. But generally speaking people don't notice how many outfits you have.
Reply 5
ooo, thanks god i m going to a 6th form with uniform, which are just suits. thanks god. lol.
Reply 6
*Bethany*
I wouldn't worry about it. I find at college most people have 2 or 3 outfits they wear in slightly differing variations over and over again - I only noticed because like you, I was worried I might not have as many different outfits as some people. But generally speaking people don't notice how many outfits you have.

I may be the odd one out here but have around 25 t shirts and 15 shirts and 10 pairs of trousers which I wear in a mix and match aray depending on my mood
Reply 7
cobra
I may be the odd one out here but have around 25 t shirts and 15 shirts and 10 pairs of trousers which I wear in a mix and match aray depending on my mood

though I would say this isnt really the norm, it's just that I like shopping
Reply 8
i have loads of tshirts i keep buying them i probabily about the same 25 to 30ish, but i live in them summer or winter. In the winter i stick them with a wooly cardie and a warm coat.
Reply 9
I spent a fortune at the start of 6th form on clothes just to make a fashion statement. It literally got to the stage of me only wearing a shirt/tshirt once and trousers twice!!! I have in excess of 30 pairs of trousers, dozens of t shirts and about 40 shirts I think, plus lots of other stuff. Madness! I'm gonna have a massive clear out before uni as I can't take all this with me!
Reply 10
Must say I much prefer wearing shirts than t shirts. I rarely wear t shirts, always a funky shirt!
Reply 11
red_roadkill
I spent a fortune at the start of 6th form on clothes just to make a fashion statement. It literally got to the stage of me only wearing a shirt/tshirt once and trousers twice!!! I have in excess of 30 pairs of trousers, dozens of t shirts and about 40 shirts I think, plus lots of other stuff. Madness! I'm gonna have a massive clear out before uni as I can't take all this with me!

:eek: yeah, you won't be able to get them all into one wardrobe!
I only have a few t-shirts, and I don't have any cardigans, but they sound like a good idea, so you could still wear your t-shirts in summer... might be better than buying any more jumpers... hmmm...
Reply 12
red_roadkill
Must say I much prefer wearing shirts than t shirts. I rarely wear t shirts, always a funky shirt!

:biggrin: I think shirts look better than t-shirts on guys... I've already said that a millions times though :redface: :redface: :redface:
Reply 13
oo hoo i bought some stuff today. 2 pairs of jeans one from H&M that i believe is quite cool im at the further end of 16 but i have a 28" waist so im glad i found a pair that were decent and a number of trousers because i prefer them over jeans. jeans make my arse look big. i need more shoes/trainees/sneakerrs tho. oh and i have sum jackets and sum shirts. sum1 help me with arranging stuff ... im not that good :frown:. :biggrin::biggrin:
fankoo every1
i have about 35 :redface: tops and 5 trousers/jeans ect.. i just mix and match, much less hassle! :smile:

Latest