The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm also interested in this as an option... god i hate my uni atm
Reply 2
Also want to transfer in my 3rd year. Do not dislike my uni but I just need to get back home.

I phoned the uni where I want to go, they said it is complicated but might be possible.

Need to discuss with my current uni see if the course matches, whether I have the required points, then apply through UCAS, then wait to see if they will accept me, also very late in the day to get this sorted for this September. It is all a lot of hassel and I don't know whether it will work out.

Has anyone out there managed to achieve this for their 3rd year?:confused:

Thanks
Reply 3
The third year is very late to apply for a transfer. Most Universities require a lot of the work to be completed at the institution in question before awarding you a degree. However, the exact policy will vary. There is nothing to prevent you from applying, but it depends whether the University is willing to accept you. I tried to do a simular thing at Durham, but was unsuccessful.
Reply 4
Yikes,:o: reading my post it sounds like I am in my third year, sorry. I am in my 2nd and want to move back home and complete my third year - starting this Spetember - doing the same course at a uni near home.

Anyway, I feel I might not be able to stand the stress and will have to continue where I am ? :frown:
Reply 5
It really isn't as bad as it sounds. When I tried to do this, I asked my lecturer how to go about it. He suggested that he could set up an informal meeting with the admissions tutor. If you are successful in getting a transfer place, then you will need to complete a UCAS form. This is just a formality. The University will give you support in finding accomodation. It will depend on whether your credits can match up to their syllabus and whether they think it is too late to transfer. I wish you every success.

Latest

Trending

Trending