The Student Room Group

Could I move Unis after second year? moving for final year?

I've been hating my course and having issues across the board at my current uni. the difficulty is I am worried it would affect my ability to move university if I just dropped out now, or interrupted my studies to start from the beginning of year 2 in regards to student finance etc... I only have to get through the next 2 terms, even if they are hard...

I believe the way my uni works, is that if I leave in second year I could still receive a diploma if I pass everything. What do you think? Is it risky? Have you done it and did it help you, completing final year elsewhere?
Original post by Ms_Mz
I've been hating my course and having issues across the board at my current uni. the difficulty is I am worried it would affect my ability to move university if I just dropped out now, or interrupted my studies to start from the beginning of year 2 in regards to student finance etc... I only have to get through the next 2 terms, even if they are hard...

I believe the way my uni works, is that if I leave in second year I could still receive a diploma if I pass everything. What do you think? Is it risky? Have you done it and did it help you, completing final year elsewhere?

Universities rarely accept transfers for 2nd or even more 3rd year. Generally those that accept transfers require you to have met their entry requirements and require the modules taken to align with theirs. The only thing you can do is to contact the one you want to go to and seek their advice.
Reply 2
As far as I know there isn't any reasonably good course in the UK that accepts final year transfer, though of course you can still check their websites to see if it's possible. You might wish to consider transferring to the penultimate year in another university. I think it's probably better to try to stay in your current university, maybe taking an intermission while trying to transfer elsewhere rather than dropping out. That kind of drop out diploma is practically useless, but a few good reference letters from your current professors can help with your transfer or application elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending