The Student Room Group
Hey, i go here and i do a foundation degree in business computing.

I have to tell you the truth so here it goes...

My first year was fine timetables were fine, lecturers were fine and assignments were fair. Plenty of time off and the lecturers are more than helpful if you do need to talk about the work.

However this year our timetable was changed twice on the first day, then a further three times in the first semester before they finally managed to get it right. We even had to go to st andrews for a lesson on one day coz they literally had no computer rooms free.

As for the college itself, ive always found the library helpful as in i always find the books and info i need for my course, its easy to take out and return books. However, as i am doing a computing course i always need a computer to do work on but it always seems like there are stupid little kids wasting time on the computers you need and are on facebook etc, i say this but i think the college is being more strict and is blocking more sites so we can actually get on with work.

City is only a 10 minute walk so you can always get food from there but obv in the winter its better not to go down and just get food from the several cafes or canteen which can be alright but most things are over priced.

Their blackboard system which you can access from home which is a system updated with everything that goes on around the college etc and has lots of work you will do in your course on is pretty cool. I use it regularly when im at home.

I dont know about other courses but mine is a UEA course so i will get the certificates from there and no mention of the college will be written on them, which im kind a glad about. Not sure about other courses but i dont see why they wouldnt be connected to the UEA.

My overall opinion is that although it can be annoying sometimes, its a good place to study at especially because of the one to one interaction you get with the lecturers compared to a university.

Hope this helped. Ive tried to be nice but honest too.

Latest

Trending

Trending