The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Damn those guys are good looking, esp, the one on the bottom right.

However, I still prefer guys in semi-casual dress shirts, jeans/slacks, brown shoes.
I heard of a girl who dumped her boyfriend 'cos one of his jeans were Tommy Hilfiger instead of Diesel.
Reply 22
SlyPie - they belong to an Irish boyband (now no longer existing) called Westlife. And yes, they are good looking. And have amazing voices to go with it - although their songs are a little on the cheesy side.

Btw, I'm surprised at your sig - you really think all Oxbridge students are arrogant? And how do know if the neg reps are anonymous, that they're from Oxbridge students?

And dropping a bf because of their make of jeans is ridiculous. I think if I were the boyfriend, I'd be really, really relieved :wink:.
F. Poste
Depends what kind of girl you want to attract!

That's so true... girls seem to go for "styles" so much. I don't quite get that and how the female brain works :confused: . Some girls will only go out with a guy who looks like a goth, others with a guy who looks like a playboy...

I'm sure we guys don't think so much like that.
Reply 24
Reema
Btw, I'm surprised at your sig - you really think all Oxbridge students are arrogant? And how do know if the neg reps are anonymous, that they're from Oxbridge students?

she said in another thread that Oxbridge students are generally mingers so they probably gave her some neg-rep for that.
Soapysudds1
polo shirts, jeans, jumpers and cool trainers i say

Someone likes her guys a bit chavvy :rolleyes: Is it better if the shirt is pink and the trainers plain white?

Who the **** cares about cool trainers?
tsforesth05
I heard of a girl who dumped her boyfriend 'cos one of his jeans were Tommy Hilfiger instead of Diesel.

I can actually believe that. Some young girls choose their boyfriend for such stupid things like "he had a cool jacket". This is how they choose the person they're going to hang out with, kiss maybe even sleep with? :confused:

Ok guys might be shallow but I find it less shallow to date a girl for the size of her boobs than dating a guy because of his trainers or jeans.
Reply 27
SamTheMan
Someone likes her guys a bit chavvy :rolleyes: Is it better if the shirt is pink and the trainers plain white?

Who the **** cares about cool trainers?

i think the trainers should be scruffy, that looks better :p:
Reply 28
SamTheMan
I can actually believe that. Some young girls choose their boyfriend for such stupid things like "he had a cool jacket". This is how they choose the person they're going to hang out with, kiss maybe even sleep with? :confused:

Ok guys might be shallow but I find it less shallow to date a girl for the size of her boobs than dating a guy because of his trainers or jeans.

:eek:

ditching your bf because of the make of his trousers is like... eh... the most stupid thing ever!

Hey, but at least the guy can choose which make of trousers he buys I can't choose the size of my boobs! :rolleyes:
I guess you could still ditch a gf over her boobs, like go out with someone wearing a wonderbra and then say 'bye bye' when you found it was just the bra ... :p:

But both would be very shallow things to do, i mean, increadibly so... eh... unbelieveable so...
Ok, I'll shut up now and try not to reflect on how sad this mad world is sometimes :wink:
SirPimpsALittle
I'm not a girl, but for you I'd say vertical striped shirts? They're still in and they make you look longer. I always roll up the sleeves and leave them untucked. It gives you a dressed up, but relaxed look. Also, avoid boot cut jeans, as at 5'6 they'll sort of give you the Gumbi look. Straight legged are best, but never tapered.

Striped shirts aren't too hot in the UK any longer. They made a short appearance then went out quite quickly.
Reply 30
To some extent, I can understand choosing a partner on the basis of his clothes. I mean, if he looks like he cares about his appearance (not in an arrogant tw*t way), or has an interest in fashion, like you do, then it kind of makes sense. And when you're younger, and everyone at school has their own little clique - goths and chavs and so on - you wouldn't date anyone from a radically different group, partly to avoid the vilification of both your and his friends, and also because then you're more likely to have things like music taste in common. But to take it seriously is a bit silly, really.
I'll remember one thing from this thread: the total incoherence in the answers.
Reply 32
Reema
SlyPie - they belong to an Irish boyband (now no longer existing) called Westlife. And yes, they are good looking. And have amazing voices to go with it - although their songs are a little on the cheesy side.

Well I got some nasty comments along with the reps such as "is it because you're at a lower university"..blah blah. Who else besides Oxbridge students would say such things at offense to my signature? I've also gotten some messages as well. It's all in good fun-- I partly think they are arrogant, and partly am doing this because they take such offense to my signature... :evil:
Madelyn
To some extent, I can understand choosing a partner on the basis of his clothes. I mean, if he looks like he cares about his appearance (not in an arrogant tw*t way), or has an interest in fashion, like you do, then it kind of makes sense. And when you're younger, and everyone at school has their own little clique - goths and chavs and so on - you wouldn't date anyone from a radically different group, partly to avoid the vilification of both your and his friends, and also because then you're more likely to have things like music taste in common. But to take it seriously is a bit silly, really.

Another case where I lose all respect for the female race... :frown:

I thought we were supposed to be the shallow ones.

I maintain that choosing a girlfriend on the basis of her breastsize (not something I do though) is less shallow than choosing a partner because of their shoes.
Reply 34
SamTheMan
Another case where I lose all respect for the female race... :frown:

I thought we were supposed to be the shallow ones.

I maintain that choosing a girlfriend on the basis of her breastsize (not something I do though) is less shallow than choosing a partner because of their shoes.

I'm not sure that women count as a separate race. It just feels that way sometimes.
We can all be shallow. If it makes you happier, pretend that women being shallow is just a backlash against men being shallow for centuries. Presumably you consider it to be less shallow to choose a girlfriend on the basis of her breast size than a partner on the basis of his shoes because breasts are actually part of the woman... I don't think either is a particularly important criterion, or a very good way to pick partners.
Reply 35
suits and kurtas. all guys, asian or white, look fiiine in kurtas. yum. but suits as well. yum

thank you reema. i will sleep well tonight *westlife in kurtas...hmm*

tanned guys- white tshirts. no matter what colour their hair, white tshirts. again, molto yum
priya
suits and kurtas. all guys, asian or white, look fiiine in kurtas. yum. but suits as well. yum

thank you reema. i will sleep well tonight *westlife in kurtas...hmm*

tanned guys- white tshirts. no matter what colour their hair, white tshirts. again, molto yum

oh god westlife in kurtas *drools* Shane will marry me in a kurta *orgasms*
Reply 37
i think what orlando bloom wears is nice, he's quite stylish, (here's a link to google images!: http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=orlando+bloom&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&start=0&sa=N)

by the way i mean what he wears in real life, not as legolas/ a pirate or as he was in troy! lol
Reply 38
I prefer him as a pirate. Now I come to think about it, I prefer most people as pirates.
Madelyn
I prefer him as a pirate. Now I come to think about it, I prefer most people as pirates.

:rolleyes:

Latest