The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Any would be fine. My advice is go to Cambridge, and explore the colleges (they will let you go round a college if you are a prospective student [ignore the college closed signs]), then try to see where you would like to go. If this doesn't work then try looking at the Director of Studies for Chem Eng at each of your short-listed colleges, and see what their research interests are (most have websites). I chose mine by simply flicking through the college websites, and also visiting it. I would recommend doing that. Also have a look on the TSR college guides which give a student view.
TOMMY!!!
Hi Guys, can someone recommend a Cambridge college to study Chemical Engineering? I've had a look on some websites but would like to get some advise.

- Cheers

I would advise that you choose the college that you want to live at - as long as they actually offer your course (and I think all colleges do) then they are all going to be pretty much the same, as a most of the teaching will be based around the department. Though it might be worth looking at the Engineering Fellows of the college and seeing if any of them are actually chemical engineers - I know the DoS who does chem eng at my college is actually a mechanical engineer, because there aren't any chem eng fellows, for example.

Maybe take a look at the Cambridge subforum where there is lots of discussion on choosing a college?

Latest

Trending

Trending