The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Scroll to see replies

belovedWIGGLES
I got in as well fluffball, to do law and medicinal chemistry, what are you going to be studying

OMG, im also going to studying medicinal chemistry, alongside biochemistry :eek:

We are going to be in the same class....i'm assuming!! Cool :flowers:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
rainjan_4now
OMG, im also going to studying medicinal chemistry, alongside biochemistry :eek:

We are going to be in the same class....i'm assuming!! Cool :flowers:

Nice one! Looking forward to meeting you there. :smile: :smile:
Reply 22
YYYYAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! off to keele to do medicine
SOOO happy
c u all next month
xxx
Reply 23
boxersarecool
i think barnes is mainly for 2nd and 3rd years that stay on campus. Lindsay tends to have a good mix of people.
I never came across any trouble most people seem really friendly, the only people i found difficult work in accomadation offices!

If u have any questions, am happy to try and help, what u goin to study?
i do English and Geography.

- Jude:smile:

if u choosing this as insurance and need accomadation here is link for college court, if u can't get on campus - http://www.unite-students.com/ACCOMMODATION.information/Stoke-on-Trent/College_Court/

is where i living next year and i think is nice, also is much cheaper than campus and due 2 high amount of freshers they putting there apparently they providing a mini bus straight from their to keele. obv normal bus runs every 20mins, but i am lazy so minibus sounds good!

Hey, I think the College Court is full...which is kind of worrying! I'm doing English and History, so I'll see you all next month!
Reply 24
boxersarecool
i think barnes is mainly for 2nd and 3rd years that stay on campus. Lindsay tends to have a good mix of people.
I never came across any trouble most people seem really friendly, the only people i found difficult work in accomadation offices!

If u have any questions, am happy to try and help, what u goin to study?
i do English and Geography.

- Jude:smile:

if u choosing this as insurance and need accomadation here is link for college court, if u can't get on campus - http://www.unite-students.com/ACCOMMODATION.information/Stoke-on-Trent/College_Court/

is where i living next year and i think is nice, also is much cheaper than campus and due 2 high amount of freshers they putting there apparently they providing a mini bus straight from their to keele. obv normal bus runs every 20mins, but i am lazy so minibus sounds good!

thanx im going to study medicine and ive just been reading here that there was some open day on sunday :confused: i didnt get any info on that
would have been nice to go and have a look at my accom found out that im going to be living in lindsay court! so see y'all there :biggrin: btw that place looks really nice might try them out next year.
Has anyone had any info on their allocated accomodation yet?
Mr.Bean
I have got into birmingham first choice, but contemplatin askin for them to release so i can come to keele (my insurance choice) really stuck what to do

Birmingham of course-miles better than Keele and situated in a better place. Repuatation wise I would say Birmingham too ( I assume you want a job after uni).
Birmingham and Keele are about the same in my eyes. It really depends on the kind of person you are and what kind of university you like.
Reply 28
sophieliz
Birmingham of course-miles better than Keele and situated in a better place. Repuatation wise I would say Birmingham too ( I assume you want a job after uni).

Ha ha ha ha - probably the stupidest thing you have said so far - Keele is one of the best University in the country for graduates getting high paying jobs (£15,000 a year or more) within 6 months of leaving University. Hence why, this year, it is so hugely oversubscribed.
Reply 29
x-Jo-x
Has anyone had any info on their allocated accomodation yet?

Not just yet. I was worrying about it, so I asked someone at the open day yesterday - apparently it won't come for another week or so!
Poica
Ha ha ha ha - probably the stupidest thing you have said so far - Keele is one of the best University in the country for graduates getting high paying jobs (£15,000 a year or more) within 6 months of leaving University. Hence why, this year, it is so hugely oversubscribed.

To be fair-all unis are oversubscribed this year as most people are trying to escape the dreaded top up fees. I still think Birmingham has a sligtly better reputation than Keele.
Birmingham Vs Keele.

Poica

I only stated my opinion, just because this is a Keele thread doesn't mean I have to prefer Keele.
Generally it is usual for people who post in Keele threads LIKE Keele and are AT or GOING to Keele. Your brash and ignorant comments/opinions are then most likely going to be met with criticism.
Reply 33
x-Jo-x
Generally it is usual for people who post in Keele threads LIKE Keele and are AT or GOING to Keele. Your brash and ignorant comments/opinions are then most likely going to be met with criticism.

I go to Keele, and I think that Birmingham has a better reputation. I'm not afraid to admit that Keele is not the best university around. It's reputation is good, but lets not delude ourselves that it's an amazing university! I think Keele's reputation WILL improve. It is getting better and better. And yes, it's in a crap area, but university is what YOU make of it. I started out thinking that I wished I'd gone to a big city, but finished the year loving every minute!

Keele does have the best graduate salaries (I think I read that in the guardian, though £15,000 would be disappointing in my opinion), but then you have to consider that from the higher ranked universities graduates tend to do post grads.

Is Keele oversubscribed this year? Because I remember last year that virtually every course was still in clearing.
I'm not saying it's AMAZING AMAZING but I really doubt it's as sh*t as sophieliz seems to imply, no not imply, say it is.
Reply 35
Well, I think it's oversubscribed, there's certainly a big problem with too many first years and not enough accommodation.
Poica
Well, I think it's oversubscribed, there's certainly a big problem with too many first years and not enough accommodation.

That doesn't mean the uni is oversubscribed-just that they need to sort out accomodation and perhaps build more. However, they might not want to build on the green areas of campus and ruin the look-I know Nottingham university have this attitude. If keele is quite out from any kind of city or town then I assume that a higher proportion of students will want to live on site thus making a harder job for the accomodation office.

Latest