The Student Room Group

Sunderland Reserves List A100 2022

Here is a thread to give a rough idea how many are on the waiting list for Sunderland, and a place to discuss what our plans are going forward with medicine ect :-).

Scroll to see replies

hey, I'm on the reserve list too!
Reply 2
Original post by mmcshevely17
hey, I'm on the reserve list too!

Same, I am still waiting to hear back from Aston and Keele too. Wbu?
Original post by dobbieee
Same, I am still waiting to hear back from Aston and Keele too. Wbu?

I've got a post interview rejection from Keele and I'm still waiting to hear back from Aston too but I don't have much hope there :frown:
Reply 4
I've got a post interview rejection from Keele and I'm still waiting to hear back from Aston too but I don't have much hope there :frown:

How ironic!
When did Keele reject you if you don’t mind me asking? I called them up this week and told me that my application has ONLY just been sent off for marking.

As for Aston, they are still handing out interviews/rejections up until the middle of March!

It is the wait that is killing me.

This is my second time applying now, so I am stuck in two kinds do I reapply and take a gap year and sacrifice my mental health and well being for medicine. This is because it is really getting me down not being able to be independent, have a life and meet new people as all my friends are at uni now. I have got places at Livepool and Sheffield for microbiology but still contemplating.

Sunderland reserve list… there is still a glimmer of hope, but we need to get a rough idea how many are on this list it can’t be more than 95, as there was only 95 offers!

Have you got a plan B? Or will you reapply?

I would love to know your story and journey!
How ironic!
When did Keele reject you if you don’t mind me asking? I called them up this week and told me that my application has ONLY just been sent off for marking.

As for Aston, they are still handing out interviews/rejections up until the middle of March!

This is my second time applying now, so I am stuck in two kinds do I reapply and take a gap year and sacrifice my mental health and well being for medicine. This is because it is really getting me down not being able to be independent, have a life and meet new people as all my friends are at uni now. I have got places at Livepool and Sheffield for microbiology but still contemplating.

Sunderland reserve list… there is still a glimmer of hope, but we need to get a rough idea how many are on this list it can’t be more than 95, as there was only 95 offers!

I got my rejection on the 1st Feb and had my interview on the 10th December so I was pretty disappointed after a long wait. That's actually crazy that they haven't even marked your form yet, but I wish you all the best for Keele! I am actually also a gap year applicant so we are in a similar boat! Hopefully since we already have the grades, maybe we have a greater chance of getting an offer from being on the reserve list? I don't really know, there's really nothing to do other than to wait and hope that something comes out of being on the list.
I'm not too sure on a plan B as of now, I feel like another gap year isn't something I could do but then again I can't see myself doing anything but medicine so I'm kind of stuck! Would you reapply again?
Reply 6
How ironic!

I'm in the exact same boat as you, I'm on a gap year, rejection from 2 unis, waiting list for sunderland and waiting on result for interview from Plymouth. I totally get thr self sufficient thing and moving out of parents house I think for me if I don't get in is I will try thr Cyprus private uni which is cheaper then private unis in UK and you still get to practise medicine. Or go for grad entry medicine
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
I got my rejection on the 1st Feb and had my interview on the 10th December so I was pretty disappointed after a long wait. That's actually crazy that they haven't even marked your form yet, but I wish you all the best for Keele! I am actually also a gap year applicant so we are in a similar boat! Hopefully since we already have the grades, maybe we have a greater chance of getting an offer from being on the reserve list? I don't really know, there's really nothing to do other than to wait and hope that something comes out of being on the list.
I'm not too sure on a plan B as of now, I feel like another gap year isn't something I could do but then again I can't see myself doing anything but medicine so I'm kind of stuck! Would you reapply again?

I really want to do medicine, but another gap year would be bad for me mentally and socially too. However, I can’t decide. I am 80% going to do micro if not and 20% likely to reapply but it is such a long process and to go through it a third time with no social life ugh 😩
Reply 8

So just Sunderland now for you? And that is annoying with Keele. Good luck though 🙏. I think because we have got achieved alevel’s that will put us in a more promising position. I would love to know when people will hear from all their unis because that is when people will start accepting and rejecting 👀. How many you reckon are on the reserves list then? Do you agree with me less than 95?
Reply 9
Original post by asal14r
I'm in the exact same boat as you, I'm on a gap year, rejection from 2 unis, waiting list for sunderland and waiting on result for interview from Plymouth. I totally get thr self sufficient thing and moving out of parents house I think for me if I don't get in is I will try thr Cyprus private uni which is cheaper then private unis in UK and you still get to practise medicine. Or go for grad entry medicine

When did you hve the interview fro Plymouth, surely you will hear back soon then? And good luck to you too :-) 😊
Reply 10
So just Sunderland now for you? And that is annoying with Keele. Good luck though 🙏. I think because we have got achieved alevel’s that will put us in a more promising position. I would love to know when people will hear from all their unis because that is when people will start accepting and rejecting 👀. How many you reckon are on the reserves list then? Do you agree with me less than 95?

Definatly less than 95, I'm thinking around 50-70 because they expect a lot of people together offers. However I think being on reserve list isn't that bad because there are always people who don't meet grades or choose another uni
Reply 11
When did you hve the interview fro Plymouth, surely you will hear back soon then? And good luck to you too :-) 😊

Hearing back on thr coming Monday 😭
Reply 12
Original post by asal14r
Definatly less than 95, I'm thinking around 50-70 because they expect a lot of people together offers. However I think being on reserve list isn't that bad because there are always people who don't meet grades or choose another uni

Exactly, and not only wil SOME of the 95 offer holders not meet requirements or choose other unis BUT I forgot about us guys on the reserve list.

We have achieved our alevel’s, but some applicants on the reserves list may not get their Alevel grades or choise other unis where they get offers from.

So those 50-70 people we are suggesting may me narrowed to as low as 30 if some people on the reserves list don’t get the alevels required or have offers from other unis. So there is definetly still hope. But like I said I completely forgot about people on the reserves list and them not getting their alevel’s possibly I just dove used on the 95 offer holders… silly me 🙄.
Reply 13
Original post by asal14r
Hearing back on thr coming Monday 😭

All the very very best of luck, fingers crossed for you 🤞🙏
I really want to do medicine, but another gap year would be bad for me mentally and socially too. However, I can’t decide. I am 80% going to do micro if not and 20% likely to reapply but it is such a long process and to go through it a third time with no social life ugh 😩

Yehh I get that, the whole application process is so stressful, I feel like my whole life has revolved around applications and everything for two years now. I hope you figure out what would work best for you!
Reply 15
Yehh I get that, the whole application process is so stressful, I feel like my whole life has revolved around applications and everything for two years now. I hope you figure out what would work best for you!

You too! Are you more likely to give it a third try then ?

I also have Aston to hear back from. I think there's definitely less than 95, maybe around 20 to 30 people might be on the reserve list. If you look at past reserve lists from other universities they usually don't have too many people so Sunderland could be similar. I feel like we will most likely hear back on results day if someone misses their grades
You too! Are you more likely to give it a third try then ?

Probably, but I think I'll think about that once I've heard from everywhere for definite
Reply 18
I agree definetly less than 95, and imagine less than 50 but not anymore than 50. So we should be grateful 😇🙏. Yes Lancaster and Keeles reserve list from previous years support what you say, and others too Scottish ones. So fingers crossed on results day we can get in 🤞. Oh yes, we applied to all three of the same ones! Have you had an interview yet? Or still waiting like me?
Reply 19
Let me know what you end up doing, will be interesting. May persuade me to do the same thing? I am assuming you lots of friends and family at home though to keep you going. All my friends are living away at uni :-(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending