The Student Room Group
jones_wise
In the next few weeks I'm going to go on a hunt for a Saturday job. I understand that the best way to do this is to go around town and hand out CVs - which I will do.

But, from experience, does anyone know if there are any shops in particular which are more likely to accept Saturday workers?

I'm 16, btw.

Thanks.

Primark do, I work there and it is only a Saturday contract as I go to college for the rest of the week (except Sundays of course).
Reply 2
Saturday jobs aren't really worth it. You get paid like £20 a week.. nice...
try waitrose, and sainsburies and such- the local supermarkets
Reply 4
Leighthesim
try waitrose, and sainsburies and such- the local supermarkets

In my experience Waitrose is the most anal place to try and get a job. Some branches are sensible so definitely do try to hand in a CV but when I've properly applied and had an interview, they tend to have really rigid shifts that are minimum ALL day Saturday (literally, it was 6 or 7am until 4 or 5pm) and an evening during the week.

Otherwise, try everywhere and be polite. Have your CV on one double-sided piece of A4 so they don't have lots of bits of paper to sift through and plastic wallets are just a bit annoying.
search online?
Go on the websites..
Tescos, Smiths, JJB, Sports Direct, McDs, Boots, Asda, Morrissons, Debenhams, Clinton Cards all advertise online.... I cant think of any other shops rite now :P
cardine92
In my experience Waitrose is the most anal place to try and get a job. Some branches are sensible so definitely do try to hand in a CV but when I've properly applied and had an interview, they tend to have really rigid shifts that are minimum ALL day Saturday (literally, it was 6 or 7am until 4 or 5pm) and an evening during the week.

Otherwise, try everywhere and be polite. Have your CV on one double-sided piece of A4 so they don't have lots of bits of paper to sift through and plastic wallets are just a bit annoying.

My original hours with waitrose were a saturday evening (5-10) and other people have a saturday morning, i have more hours now because i asked for them, but not everyone has go do 7-4 (i have done it twice for overtime)

But i agree with the c v thing, alot of chains and such will tell you to apply on line though
Waitrose seemed to like hiring people who are 16/17 here. Personally, I'm 16 and work in a beach cafe so it would definitely be worth asking as many of the smaller businesses.
Reply 9
The only job I've had that's offered me a Saturday only contract was Boots. Have a look online first.
I got a Saturday job at Greggs when I was 16, 8 hour contract and I'm still there nearly 2 years later. :P: I'd go online and search every retail store in your area and see if they're hiring and apply online. Then hand out copies of your CV into smaller stores which don't have an online application service.

Latest

Trending

Trending