The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

JudithE
Thaks for your reply! May i ask where you get your belts from?..i find that even when i have them the tightest they can go they're still too big on my waist!

You can make more holes in belts usually, I do this when I want a non-waist belt around my waist, and you can still wear it around the hips.

Or if I am sure I only want to wear it around the waist (or you can't make more holes), I have taken a belt to a guy who does resoling of shoes and things like that (general handyman kind of thing..) and he just unstitched the belt and sewed it up again smaller. I bet you could do that yourself :smile: But it only cost like £1-2 to get it done and he did a really good job.
Reply 62
kestrell
I don't know about OP but if I were to wear tops that were to "hang" I look ridiculous, I'm a size 8/10 and they make me look huge :/

and this is the problem, you may look like a size 12 or so but that is not huge. Just your own perception of it.
Reply 63
neobam
and this is the problem, you may look like a size 12 or so but that is not huge. Just your own perception of it.

It kinda is though proportionally, a size 12 torso with size 8 legs would just look wierd.

Latest