The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1
Lord_Farquad
I'd appreciate it if any of you can answer the following questions for some research I'm doing:

1) What percentage of students would you estimate live off-campus?

2) Where do most students live off-campus? i.e specific areas, apartment complexes etc?

3) How much do most students PCM each or per house?

4) When do most students start looking for off-campus housing?

thanks!

AFAIK

1) There is no 'campus' per se. Do you mean residences run/owned by UCL/UoL?

2) As above

3) Don't understand question

4)Like 1) and 2). But if you mean non-uni accomodation, most students move into those in the 2nd year

You'll probably get more help if you post in th UCL accomodation thread that is stickied at the top of the UCL forum
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
1) What percentage of students would you estimate live off-campus?
Do you mean in first year? No idea. I meet the odd person who lives at home in London, but I don't know anyone in private accommodation except a couple of internationals. After first year, basically everyone lives "off campus".

2) Where do most students live off-campus? i.e specific areas, apartment complexes etc?
Wherever they can find cheap housing. Most people I think go to Camden and Islington.

3) How much do most students PCM each or per house?
What do you mean by this? Are you asking how much the accommodation is? The places I've been looking at in Camden are usually around £130 a week per person for a four bedroom flat, sometimes that includes bills, sometimes it doesn't.

4) When do most students start looking for off-campus housing?
It varies. Most people usually start looking after the Easter holidays if they want rentals to start in late June/early July. Otherwise they can look right across the summer.

Latest

Trending

Trending