The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You should be happy with your legs, they look pretty slim to me.
you just have muscles on your legs, if you want to make them look thinner then wear tights :smile: i think they're fine, they're thinner than mine :smile:
Reply 42
thats_my_poison
i absolutely hate my legs. my body is really out of proportion so im skinny on top but my legs are really chunky and short. do they look really bad? what can i do to make them look skinnier/longer? obviously with summer coming up everyone's gonna be in skirts and for once i dont want to have to hide away in jeans!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49078214@N04/4496519641/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49078214@N04/4496517719/

No, they aren't fat at all. Medium lenghts are not flattering, though, and imo wearing that skirt with flats is a fashion suicide.
Reply 43
No fat but not thin.

I wouldn't call them sexy legs as they're a lil chubby but you need to take care of your legs more and not show off that bruising :s-smilie:
Reply 44
Not at all. I often wear wedges or espadrilles in the summer to help elongate the look of my legs.
Reply 45
here we go lol

the inside/back of the calves, my muscles have short attachments, so the muscle begings where the pink line is, yours attach where the blue line is, so even if you dieted down they would still be relatively 'big' in comparison to someone who has skinny calves i.e. me and other asians/blacks, them there europeans have big calves so you are normal compared to them.

same with the tibia [front of calves] mine start where the light purple line is, yours darker purple.

also your ankles are quite big [relatively]

I say this not to put you down or call you fat, it's just saying your genetics are what they are. and you're fine, just go kick whoever calls them fat

What big calves you have
all the better to smack you over the head with

now **** off.
Reply 46
Primark shoes?! I have them, haha.

I only noticed them because I was looking. They don't look overly big, just a bit more toned than a lot of people. Be proud of them, it looks like you're athletic.

High heels would help, and for the summer, wedges! They're amazing for slimming legs.
Reply 47
jj1234567890123
My god your posts in this thread are utter bull.

explain how
- her calves attach lower than most asians CHECK
- bones/ankles are big relative to skinny calves CHECK
- she has more muscle there relative to skinny people CHECK
all that combined make her calves big, note i said big not fat compared to people who have skinny calves
I am jst telling her she wasn't designed to have skinny calves, so embrace them.
HOLY **** THEY'RE LIKE TREE TRUNKs?!?!?!!

:rolleyes:
There is absolutely **** all wrong with your legs.
Reply 49
truthandtragedy
HOLY **** THEY'RE LIKE TREE TRUNKs?!?!?!!

There is absolutely **** all wrong with your legs.

RELATIVITY.
Reply 50
You look like you have the same sort of build as me! That's pretty much what my legs would look like in that skirt/shoes combo anyway...

Agree with previous posters about that skirt length combined with flats- it's not really going to flatter you unless you have pretty skinny legs (not that it looks bad on you at all :smile: )

If what you say about losing weight from your top half is true (EXACTLY the same here lol) then exercise probably won't make them look smaller. I've been seriously working out in the gym for 4 months (mostly weights, admittedly- I'm not butch, it's just what I enjoy :tongue: ). I've really shaped up all over, but my legs are still disproportiontely large, only now they're muscular :smile: Personally that makes me way happier with them, so if you like that sort of thing you could do that, I suppose.

Sorry for the long post, just telling you my experience in case it helps you. Basically, no you're not fat at all, it's just the way you're built. You look absolutely fine as you are, and you're unlikely ever to have properly skinny legs so don't let it get you down!
They're shapely, not fat. :smile:
you have nice legs, they don't look fat at all they look good, wear skirts don't cover them up
Reply 53
I'd love to have legs like yours!
They're just muscular!
Reply 55
Adonis
explain how
- her calves attach lower than most asians CHECK
- bones/ankles are big relative to skinny calves CHECK
- she has more muscle there relative to skinny people CHECK
all that combined make her calves big, note i said big not fat compared to people who have skinny calves
I am jst telling her she wasn't designed to have skinny calves, so embrace them.

This :smile:
Reply 56
They look normal.
They look fine.
Reply 58
Adonis
you have "white people calves" i.e.

long attachments [the muscle connects near to the ankle]

your quads are covered up, so you could have impressive quad development but we'll never know.

but ye, you're fine. not fat just big [relative to say asian/black people calves]
x2, we can't even see your quads.

A tan might help as well, untill you turn around :frown:
thats_my_poison
i absolutely hate my legs. my body is really out of proportion so im skinny on top but my legs are really chunky and short. do they look really bad? what can i do to make them look skinnier/longer? obviously with summer coming up everyone's gonna be in skirts and for once i dont want to have to hide away in jeans!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49078214@N04/4496519641/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49078214@N04/4496517719/

Your legs are fine and not fat at all as far as legs go by themselves. It's just because you're a bit skinny on top is all.

Latest