The Student Room Group
Canada has some world-class unis: University of Toronto is very good uni with the added bonus of .. well, being in Toronto! an awesome city to live in.
Reply 2
Where you have used the word "how" you may want to replace it with the word "what", it makes more sense grammatically.
Toronto is an AWESOME city. It's one of the fashion capitals of the world. University of Toronto's St. George campus is conveniently located close to the fashion district. This is a huge bonus for a girl :smile: Toronto has an extensive subway system (however, not as extensive as LDN :frown:)
U of T is a great uni for postgrad. I would not recommend it for undergrad due to the large class sizes. It's very competitive to get into universities like Uni of Toronto, McGill, Queen's, UBC.
McGill is Canada's equivalent of an Ivy League university. It is ranked as one of the top 20 unis in the world. UBC has beautiful campuses right by the Pacific. If you are a fan of Vancouver, snother beautiful city UBC is the best choice for you.
aphrodite61092
Toronto is an AWESOME city. It's one of the fashion capitals of the world. University of Toronto's St. George campus is conveniently located close to the fashion district. This is a huge bonus for a girl :smile: Toronto has an extensive subway system (however, not as extensive as LDN :frown:)
U of T is a great uni for postgrad. I would not recommend it for undergrad due to the large class sizes. It's very competitive to get into universities like Uni of Toronto, McGill, Queen's, UBC.
McGill is Canada's equivalent of an Ivy League university. It is ranked as one of the top 20 unis in the world. UBC has beautiful campuses right by the Pacific. If you are a fan of Vancouver, snother beautiful city UBC is the best choice for you.

It's not too competitive to get into UToronto and McGill to the best of my knowledge (from friends' experiences) for undergrad. (just clearing this up for prospective, anxious-enough applicants).
ragnar_jonsson
It's not too competitive to get into UToronto and McGill to the best of my knowledge (from friends' experiences) for undergrad. (just clearing this up for prospective, anxious-enough applicants).

Yeah. It's not too competitive to get into undergrad but postgrad is quite competitive. I have a friend who didn't make it to med school at McGill but made it to Princeton Med school. He was super upset.
For undergrad, McGill is a tad more competitive than UofT.
Reply 7
Just gonna chuck in my 2 cents about Vancouver...I spend last semester at UBC there and it was amazing. I would certainly have stayed for the rest of my degree if I could have afforded it. I just found it such a better student lifestyle. It's hard to put into words briefly but there's less of the negative culture associated with being a 'student' that we seem to have, and fellow students were so much more into what they were studying than I've experienced at Nottingham over here. I loved it.

Latest

Trending

Trending