The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think you can just call up your local practice and ask to make an appointment. Even if you are not registered they generally let you go anyway
Is it wrong I find this funny? Also yeah head down to your local practice, they will see you. Get the meds and get better.
Reply 3
BeckysLover
Is it wrong I find this funny? Also yeah head down to your local practice, they will see you. Get the meds and get better.

Ahha no not wrong. I feel a little silly about it - so if anyone can book an appointment then aye?
Laurahhz
Ahha no not wrong. I feel a little silly about it - so if anyone can book an appointment then aye?

Yeah. Yes you are silly. Were you not told to be careful and keep it clean?
Laurahhz

Phone up and book an appointment, ask them if it matters whether you are registered with them or not, shouldn't be a problem though.
Reply 6
Laurahhz
I need to book a doctors appointment (my belly button piercing has become infected and i need antibiotics) yet I don't want to tell my mum as she doesn't know about the piercing. I am 16.

I was wondering, do you need to be registered with a certain doctor or can you just call up your local practice and book an appointment?

Please help, thanks! x

Why didn't you tell your mum? :zomg:

Phone your local GP :shh:

They won't turn you down :jiggy:
Reply 7
How do you know it's infected?

It probably isn't, unless you had it pierced in a dodgy place. SO the best thing to do is to go and see your piercer. A doctor will tell you to take it out, which can be the worst thing to do.
Reply 8
Should have listened to your mum! tutut!
If you can't book an appointment, you could say you have a stomach ache or some other problem and get your mum to book the appointment.

Latest