The Student Room Group

Higher English Standards

See if you write an essay with good evidence, showing awareness of text, answer the question and write a minimum of 500 words, is it more or less guaranteed you will not get <15?

I have looked at most of the essays on SQA site including workshop & "understanding standards" site.

It doesn't seem too hard to get 15. Obviously I am aiming for higher such as 17-19 or even more but I am just wanting to know there is a 'safety net' just in case.

Also, should EVERYTHING you say be relevant to the question in some way? And is it ok to analyse things which don't seem that important in the text but answer the question?
Reply 1
No, higher english is a solid exam.
Higher English is honestly one of the most enjoyable of highers, just make sure you KNOW YOUR TEXT, and trust me, in the exam everything will click. You just need to have faith in your abilities and put in as much effort that you think you will need!

Essays are pretty much self explanatory, I remember struggling my ass off on close reading! But they are all essentially meant to be the same, just do past papers and hopefully all will go well.

I just prayed that my marker would be drunk and receiving a blow job whilst marking mine - it was so bad!

I got an A1 though :h:

God bless my examiner!

Latest

Trending

Trending