The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

University Hall...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Does anyone know what the en-suites are like in comparison?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Hi there, i was wondering if there are any current or past uni hall students that could help me?

I want self catered, en-suite accommodation but in a hall rather than housing. This leaves me with a choice of either durdham or UH..i think! I really want a sociable, lively hall and having scrolled through the accommodation thread it seems durdham is really boring and quiet. So im thinking university hall sounds perfect, however- im worried about the fact that en-suite is seperate from the main block and may be less sociable/ left out/ have a different vibe from the main block.

Is the en-suite block less sociable/quiet?
Primarily for mature/international students?
Very far away from the main block?
Are the bedrooms microscopic?
Have i less chance of getting in than in the main block?

I have to be en-suite as i have just spent the last 2 years sharing an outdoor bathroom with my mothers boyfriend and his various gyspy friends..i cannot share another bathroom as long as i live.
RoseRoseRose
Hi there, i was wondering if there are any current or past uni hall students that could help me?

I want self catered, en-suite accommodation but in a hall rather than housing. This leaves me with a choice of either durdham or UH..i think! I really want a sociable, lively hall and having scrolled through the accommodation thread it seems durdham is really boring and quiet. So im thinking university hall sounds perfect, however- im worried about the fact that en-suite is seperate from the main block and may be less sociable/ left out/ have a different vibe from the main block.

Is the en-suite block less sociable/quiet?
Primarily for mature/international students?
Very far away from the main block?
Are the bedrooms microscopic?
Have i less chance of getting in than in the main block?

I have to be en-suite as i have just spent the last 2 years sharing an outdoor bathroom with my mothers boyfriend and his various gyspy friends..i cannot share another bathroom as long as i live.

right, UH is not 1 main block.

as for standard rooms:
5 people in a flat, 12 flats in a block. there are 59 people close together.
there is also a smaller block, with 6 flats, meaning 30 people close together.

as for en suite, there are 2 buildings.

it takes less than1 minute to walk from 1 side of UH to the other.
I'd like to back up the people who are praising up UH. Im living there this year, the rooms have everything you could need. You're only living here a year and think how much more beer money you'll have. Also you cant complain at free pool, table tennis, table football and free sky!
oh free pool and free sky have just scored some points for UH! :biggrin:
trouble-trouble
oh free pool and free skype have just scored some points for UH! :biggrin:

:lolwut:
ahaha typo sorry :biggrin:
Reply 29
Hey, does anyone know the moving in date for Uni Hall? Now that I have applied would like to plan everything around that date!
Amyy17
Hey, does anyone know the moving in date for Uni Hall? Now that I have applied would like to plan everything around that date!

its usually the weekend before freshers week starts.
this year, freshers starts mon 4th.
so i guess you arrive on the 3rd
Reply 31
alexsheppard11

A week before, wouldnt that make it the 27th?
Reply 32
alexsheppard11

Sorry, you said weekend:P
What are the bathrooms like, and how is the flat actually laid out? I've never been to a student flat so I wouldn't know, I would appreciate some input on this. I applied for woodland court ensuite and I ended up getting UH standard lol. Is sharing a bathroom a nightmare?
Reply 34
Not at all! 5 to a shower is pretty standard and what you'll go into in your second year in rented accommodation anyway. So there are 5 bedrooms (singles...), 1 kitchen with 5 food cupboards, cutlery, crockery, cooking equipment which is quite basic, an oven, a microwave, a kettle and a toaster.

There's a shower wet room with a sink, and a separate toilet with a sink. And a cleaning cupboard with a hoover, ironing board, mop etc. The communal areas get cleaned every fortnight. The flats are arranged in blocks, 2 flats per floor.

Is that enough detail?
katylkh
Not at all! 5 to a shower is pretty standard and what you'll go into in your second year in rented accommodation anyway. So there are 5 bedrooms (singles...), 1 kitchen with 5 food cupboards, cutlery, crockery, cooking equipment which is quite basic, an oven, a microwave, a kettle and a toaster.

There's a shower wet room with a sink, and a separate toilet with a sink. And a cleaning cupboard with a hoover, ironing board, mop etc. The communal areas get cleaned every fortnight. The flats are arranged in blocks, 2 flats per floor.

Is that enough detail?

Yeah it is, thanks a lot :smile:
ElegantElephant™
What are the bathrooms like, and how is the flat actually laid out? I've never been to a student flat so I wouldn't know, I would appreciate some input on this. I applied for woodland court ensuite and I ended up getting UH standard lol. Is sharing a bathroom a nightmare?

they're all pretty similar.
imagine the rooms are all the same sizes:p:

alexsheppard11
x

That really helps, thanks a lot :smile:
Reply 38
up! I'm bringing dozens of belgian waffels, chocolate and some beer too :woo: lucky for my flatmates
bump (seeing as people keep asking about UH)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending