This is a standard UH room
ok here's one from a while ago:

panorama then content aware filled:p:

my room at 3am:

a tidy kitchen:

awesome view from the kitchen:

as for the outside, UH block 13-24 on the left, hiatt baker on the right:

very rough layout, the rooms are all the same size though:

those pics make the rooms/kitchen look deceptively large, and room 3 is a foot bigger than the others :biggrin: x
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Gabor
no problem.. any question, just ask! :smile: Jennih, AlexSheppard and me are experts in UH

I would also consider myself an expert... been there, done that.. got the hoody man.
Reply 62
Original post by rainbowbex
I would also consider myself an expert... been there, done that.. got the hoody man.

Good. Our hoody this year is..well..not the best so none for me.. the sainsbury's themed UH Basics was a hit tho.
Original post by Gabor
Good. Our hoody this year is..well..not the best so none for me.. the sainsbury's themed UH Basics was a hit tho.

Yaya, they were the 08/09 ones, my mate has one but is a lil paranoid of getting it dirty! Lol. I have a purple one, should've said 'cos daddy's not paying' but they ditched the slogan last min. I haven't seen any 10/11 ones
Reply 64
i attached the current one.. no one sprained any muscles at the design..
Original post by Gabor
i attached the current one.. no one sprained any muscles at the design..

That's ridiculously boring. They don't even get a decent colour!
Original post by rainbowbex
Yaya, they were the 08/09 ones, my mate has one but is a lil paranoid of getting it dirty! Lol. I have a purple one, should've said 'cos daddy's not paying' but they ditched the slogan last min. I haven't seen any 10/11 ones

no it shouldn't, that is why not many people wanted them :p::
Original post by alexsheppard11
no it shouldn't, that is why not many people wanted them :p::

Yeah, I figured as much. Would've just been nice t have a slogan is all I'm saying!
Whats the pool like?
Original post by PygmyShrew
On a table in the bar, not the watery kind. Not sure if that's what you meant.

Ah that makes sense. Didn't think there was one when I looked around! Ha.
Original post by warwickorbristol

Original post by warwickorbristol
Whats the pool like?

there's a swimming pool in the union which recently reopened due to catching on fire
Reply 71
Original post by alexsheppard11
there's a swimming pool in the union which recently reopened due to catching on fire

'our' swimming pool back at home caught on fire as well... unbelievable :smile:
Reply 72
Don't be fooled by AlexSheppards pictures by the way, don't get me wrong, the pictures are nice but they hugely exaggerate the size of the bedrooms. When I finally saw my UH bedroom in real life I thought it was ****ing tiny compared to how it looked in the pictures on this thread. Granted UH is awesome but don't have too much expectations when it comes to rooms. The corridors and kitchen are equally as small. (Sorry Alex! Thanks a lot for the pictures still :smile: )
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MangoTree

Original post by MangoTree
Don't be fooled by AlexSheppards pictures by the way, don't get me wrong, the pictures are nice but they hugely exaggerate the size of the bedrooms. When I finally saw my UH bedroom in real life I thought it was ****ing tiny compared to how it looked in the pictures on this thread. Granted UH is awesome but don't have too much expectations when it comes to rooms. The corridors and kitchen are equally as small. (Sorry Alex! Thanks a lot for the pictures still :smile: )

£80 a week- yes they may be smaller, but really, what more could you want?!
Reply 74
hah i agree :biggrin: when i entered i was like WTF? but then I got used to it and i think it's a decent size.
What I'm most confused about with regards to rooms in UH is the example photo of the loo on the accommodation site... Where on earth is the domestos that is reflected in the mirror? Did someone photoshop it out? :iiam:

I realise I may be slightly odd for noticing.

oh wow, they've actually put some photos up now:awesome:

but yes, it looks as though it's been shopped out.
you do get cleaners in UH that clean the hallway, kitchen and bathroom:smile:
Reply 76
hope that helps:
Cycling to and from university from UH, yay or nay?
Reply 78
I know people who did it. Pretty hilly though.

I'm definitely going to need a triple chainset on my bike then...
Reply 79
Original post by BackDoorEntry
Cycling to and from university from UH, yay or nay?

depends. i love cycling so it's a yay.. but after gym or a heavy day it's rather a nay.

Haha, not just UH. Hiatt Baker, Badock, Durdham... and Wills. Not like UH is on it's own.

i know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending