The Student Room Group

Acting BA and similar degrees!

Went to a uni fair today! Picked up several useless prospectuses, grabbed a few cool pens and picked up a couple of useless bags. Got home... and realised i had no idea what had just happened :P This whole uni thing is so hard!

So, looking through my countless prospectusess i was looking for Acting BA as its what im mainly interested in. But i couldn't find many, however found lots of Drama and theatre courses. Ive scrutinized the courses info as much as possible! but just can't seem to see the difference between all the performing arts based courses. Could anyone possibly sum up and contrast them? Because im a bit stuck :frown:

Thankyou in advance!
Reply 1
Gosh.
To sum up and contrast all Drama courses is impossible, it really needs to be personal research that informs your decision.
Look at:
-Ratios of practical to theory (if you want a more practical course)
-Out of lecture theatre opportunities (Societies and things)
-The range of options you can take within the degree (Backstage opportunities, Acting modules etc. etc)
- Contact hours (Some courses have a heavy emphasis on self-study)
- I would say that although it's not ideal, the league tables are a good start just to get you off with some sort of idea about universities, it can be hard just plunging into the deep end, especially when choosing a drama course.

If you need any help with anything to do with Royal Holloway, Aberystwyth, Birmingham or Exeter I'll be glad to help and if there are any others you find that I've heard of or know anything about, I'll be chuffed to help ya :smile:

Latest