The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yep, Economics for me. When were you up for interview?
Reply 2
sjoshi64
Yep, Economics for me. When were you up for interview?

Wow!!! There's someone else!!! lol!

I went up for interview on the 16th...i don't think you were there..i didn't meet anyone there for economics.

What offer did they give you?

G
Reply 3
Oh, right. I was up for interview on the 9th I think, it was a Tuesday. All I remember was hordes of Medics in the JCR. I absolutely loved the college, though.

They gave me AAA - what about you? Do they give most people AAA or AAB?
Reply 4
sjoshi64
Oh, right. I was up for interview on the 9th I think, it was a Tuesday. All I remember was hordes of Medics in the JCR. I absolutely loved the college, though.

They gave me AAA - what about you? Do they give most people AAA or AAB?

They said the standard offer for law was AAB but they gave me a AAA offer as well. I'd have loved a AAB offer as a buffer zone....but i'm happy all the same!

G
Reply 5
I'd have loved an EE offer .... as a buffer zone, obviously :smile: But I'm happy with anything, after those weeks of waiting I'd have happy with AAAAAA.

Where did you stay during your interview? I stayed with a friend, so I didn't get to see what Harvery Court looks like. Also, why did you apply to Caius?
Reply 6
sjoshi64
I'd have loved an EE offer .... as a buffer zone, obviously :smile: But I'm happy with anything, after those weeks of waiting I'd have happy with AAAAAA.

Where did you stay during your interview? I stayed with a friend, so I didn't get to see what Harvery Court looks like. Also, why did you apply to Caius?

I travelled up there in the morning....had to wake up at 5:15am!!!!!!!

I just don't like spending the night in a place i'm not used to....i find i never get to sleep until the second night...which isn't very helpful!

I didn't see harvery court....just the main courts in trinity street.

I applied to Caius cos its got a great location, its larger than most colleges but its not overly large...and cos the stats said there was a below average application:redface:ffers ratio for law last year!! lol!

What about you??

G
Reply 7
Well the location was amazing, and most seemes to view it as a very traditional college which I liked. It's strong for economics historically, and has good fellows although only four of them. Evryone I talked to, almost without exception, said the food is rubbish! Every single person points this out, although when I went up it wasn't too bad at all.

Also, it looks amazing, and its reputation is fairly good. I know what U've said applies to more than one college, but I thought that Caius had the edge in many areas. Some colleges were just too big, especially St. John's I thought.
Reply 8
sjoshi64
Well the location was amazing, and most seemes to view it as a very traditional college which I liked. It's strong for economics historically, and has good fellows although only four of them. Evryone I talked to, almost without exception, said the food is rubbish! Every single person points this out, although when I went up it wasn't too bad at all.

Also, it looks amazing, and its reputation is fairly good. I know what U've said applies to more than one college, but I thought that Caius had the edge in many areas. Some colleges were just too big, especially St. John's I thought.

Yeh...i didn't want a college that was too big....but not too small either cos then there are less people there..and i'd assume its harder to get into.

G
Reply 9
Do you know if all first year undergraduates have to stay in Harvey Court? Or can some stay onsite first year?
Reply 10
sjoshi64
Do you know if all first year undergraduates have to stay in Harvey Court? Or can some stay onsite first year?

Sorry- I have absolutely no idea!

G
Reply 11
Hey, I got an offer for medicine: AAA, and im pretty chuffed cos my letter said it was a competitive year:smile:
I stayed in Harvey court once and its pretty good..nice garden and stuff. All the first years do live there so i suppoe they get to know each other pretty well.
Reply 12
my friend does law at caius- he likes it a lot. he works damn hard, but he loves it. they have a college song by the way.
Reply 13
Chegos
Hey, I got an offer for medicine: AAA, and im pretty chuffed cos my letter said it was a competitive year:smile:
I stayed in Harvey court once and its pretty good..nice garden and stuff. All the first years do live there so i suppoe they get to know each other pretty well.

Cool! Another person! When were you there for interview??

G
Reply 14
I was there from sunday night and then had 3 interviews on monday morning
Reply 15
Harvey Court is architecturally minging. I live near it and I wish I didn't. But apparently the facilities are quite nice.
Reply 16
sjoshi64

An undergraduate I know said they all have stay in Harvey Court (so that would fit in with what Chegos said).
Reply 17
this is something i have always wondered:

do people at gonville & caius ever see stephen hawking travelling around the college or is he way above that kind of thing? (job description wise)
Reply 18
Apparently yes. Quite a few students told me they have seen him around a fair bit. His office is just inside the main court I think. A student also told me someone once tried to 'penny' Stephen Hawking at formal hall, although that sounds like a myth...
Reply 19
I once considered Caius in my short list, but didn't choose it at last coz I heard that it's quite expensive. dunno whether that's some kinda rumour?

Latest

Trending

Trending