The Student Room Group

**Help** Wrong grades on Ucas!

I applied for a few unis, i had my interview and got an unconditional offer.
I never collected my gcse certificate's, so when i filled my ucas out i guessed my english results.
Well they called the other day and wanted me to send a copy of my passport and my English GCSE. I collected them from my school (they still had them, thank god!)

It turns out that i actually got:
English Lit - C
English - D (speaking and listening Grade C)
But on my Ucas i put:
English Lit - D
English - C

Do you think they will notice and do you think i will be rejected because of it?
Should i call and tell them? or just wait and see?

I dont have A levels but i am 23, so i think im classed as a mature student?
Its for a foundation in Fashion, it says on the spec - It is also advisable to have a gcse english language grade C. However Mature students without formal qualifications but with relevant experience are welcomed?

Please tell me what you think??
L14
I never collected my gcse certificate's, so when i filled my ucas out i guessed my english results.
Well they called the other day and wanted me to send a copy of my passport and my English GCSE. I collected them from my school (they still had them, thank god!)

English Lit - C
But on my Ucas i put:
English Lit - D
English - C

Do you think they will notice and do you think i will be rejected because of it?

Its for a foundation in Fashion, it says on the spec - It is also advisable to have a gcse english language grade C. However Mature students without formal qualifications but with relevant experience are welcomed?

You have to notify UCAS of any changes/ errors in grades
You should be okay.

You shouldn't just hope they won't notice, for peace of mind I would contact the uni and ask.
Reply 3
L14
OP
I've tried to call UCAS and they said its too late for them to change it for me.

My friend thinks i should keep quiet and hope it doesnt make a difference.
L14
I've tried to call UCAS and they said its too late for them to change it for me.

Hoping it won't make a difference is daft advice, as if they do notice then it's sufficient grounds for them to remove your offers. you need to contact the universities directly to tell them that you made a mistake and to give them the correct results.

Also worth getting hold of those certificates as they are useful for careers as well as for university applications.
L14

English Lit - C
But on my Ucas i put:
English Lit - D
English - C

Well... if they look at them, its not that hard a mistake to make! Feign ignorance if they ask...

Or, seeing as I doubt they will care, call them and let them know your mistake... they might be pleased you bothered to contact them!?
Reply 6
L14

Im sure its tempting to do that - its your call tho -youll have to live with it whatever decision you make....maybe call the uni and see? then again, if youre willing to gamble say nothing and hope luck is on your side - im afraid this is one decision only you can make!
Reply 7
Just say 'before sending the Cert off, I noticed that I accidently mixed my English and English Lit around. Sorry about this and I hope this doesn't affect anything.'

Done

Latest

Trending

Trending