The Student Room Group

AS while doing a degree??

Hi,
I am just about to go into the second year of a BSc Psychology degree and at college I took A-Levels in Business Studies, Psychology and Human Biology. I started with Chemistry at AS along with the three subjects above but the teacher was really horrible to me. I think it was because one day he was making horrible remarks which I bit back to and from then on he hated me :confused: This led to me completely flunking the AS because I couldn't stand the classes etc. From then on I have really been annoyed by the fact that I let him stop me do Chemistry (I was really good at it at school) It keeps playing on my mind and I would really love to finally achieve my AS Chem (not a very big achievement, but it is to me) so I wondered whether anyone knew if it's possible to do an AS alongside a degree, maybe in the evening or whether it would be too much work, etc or whether people on degree courses are somehow not allowed to take night classes :wink:
Any help would be very much appreciated! :biggrin:
Reply 1
I can't see any reason you can't do it. I've thought about doing a science course - probably Biology, just out of personal interest.
Reply 2
If that was your reasoning for doing badly then go for it :p:
My mum did the same thing with Physics... she had a guy who thought girls shouldn't do science...
Reply 3
If you want to do it and are prepared to put the work in ,I don't see why not.
Reply 4
i want to do the same BUT my situation is different

Although I haven't started yet, I have used my A-Level to gain entry into Goldsmiths,

I got a B for Media Studies, which i am not happy about....

I got A's in ALL THE EXAMS, apart from 1 but it brought my whole grade down obviously. I wasn't feeling well when I took it initially, and was exhausted until the point I was ill for the re-take (which we were given the wrong date for initially). My problem is, I didn't voice any of this to people. Although, I am into Uni, I am sure people on here will understand my desire to re-take that one test to get the A I feel I deserve.

Do people think I will be able to do this? Even though I have used the Grade to gain entry, which may be deemed as "Cashing" it, and therefore finishing the course.
Reply 5
Its up to you of course, but im gonna go for the otherside of the arguement.

Do you really need to do it now, could you do it as a night course after you graduate. Or you could take a uni module in it.

A second year of uni is ment to be noticeably more difficult, do you really have the spare time to contribute to the AS well enough. Your degree must take priority of course, but will the AS suffer as a result?

Latest

Trending

Trending