The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Adarah
I just thought too... when he looses his hair all the 'pretty boys' his age will be loosing their hair too, so yeah... then it will all be down to personality and having a handsome face and being fit as opposed to having the nicest hair anyway.

But to be a true pretty boy, you can't be too masculine and masculinity often means a lot of testoterone which in many cases leads to baldness. Half of guys aren't affected by hairloss until they're 60 whereas the other half will start at 20 or 30.
Reply 21
SamTheMan
But to be a true pretty boy, you can't be too masculine and masculinity often means a lot of testoterone which in many cases leads to baldness. Half of guys aren't affected by hairloss until they're 60 whereas the other half will start at 20 or 30.

Pretty boys age horribly though. Even if they don't loose their hair they loose their 'prettyness' and just look pathetic after a while. Looking masculine you can't go wrong in the long run or the short run.
Adarah
Pretty boys age horribly though. Even if they don't loose their hair they loose their 'prettyness' and just look pathetic after a while. Looking masculine you can't go wrong in the long run or the short run.

Good advice there lol. The people in my course are all about 23/24 and you can tell there's a good number who are losing their hair. Probably out of 40, there are between 5 and 10, some who it's obvious, some less obvious. I'm lucky that I haven't any noticeable hairloss but I doubt I'll be keeping a full head of hair until 30 or 40. That's what it means to be a guy :frown:
Reply 23
pffft what is all this rubbish?! - bald guys can be totally hot! heloooo freddy ljunberg anyone?

and im not even going to star on phil from relocaion relocation :love:
Reply 24
Adarah

Yeah, shame on all those whos genetics don't give them typically masculine features.
Reply 25
CasterTroy
Yeah, shame on all those whos genetics don't give them typically masculine features.

yeah... I suppose they just have to get married while they are still 'pretty boys' :wink:
i have to say that in general, baldness is a turn off.....but there are a few famous exceptions :p:
Reply 27
Pretty boys like Jude Law are hot.

Well if you start balding, just shave off all your hair because it looks worse when bits are left on.

Some bald guys can be quite attractive and look sophisticated. Depends on your facial features.
Reply 28
I think bald guys are soooooo hot. its really sexy in my opinion.
Reply 29
What about men in wigs? Or comb-overs? :biggrin:

Or even receeding hairlines?...
Reply 30
Pencil
What about men in wigs? Or comb-overs? :biggrin:

Or even receeding hairlines?...

as I said... if you go bald you should get it cut really short... comb over = crap
Reply 31
Some dark skinned guys can get away with it and look pretty sexy when bald :wink:
Reply 32
my french teacher does, i dont :P
Reply 33
lol, i dunno
Adarah

Johnny Depp was a pretty boy with his long hair and feminine features but even at 42 he's still pretty and doe's not look pathetic. He's hot!
Reply 35
I remember quite a few girls in my class finding Lex Luthor in Smallville hot, so, um...yeah
Going on looks alone.. i must admit i do like hair. Need a good face if bald. BUT personality makes up for things a million times more :wink:
Reply 37
CheesyBeans
Johnny Depp was a pretty boy with his long hair and feminine features but even at 42 he's still pretty and doe's not look pathetic. He's hot!

but he's a pretty boy with masculine features. Just look at his jaw...
He has classic looks :love:
*sigh* :love:
Reply 39
CheesyBeans
*sigh* :love:

I like your avatar :love:

Latest