The Student Room Group

Long or Short Hair For Men ?

About two years ago, my then girlfriend, now ex, told me she liked men with long hair, even though I basically had a skin head. A few other girls told me this as well, "long hair looks good on men". And when I say long I mean about shoulder length. So with this information, me in my gullable youth decided to grow my hair to shoulder length, and it took me a whole year :eek: . After having the type of haircut the girls around me were supposedly atracted to, I felt good. However, I was then told long hair on men is a bad idea and have since shaved it off.

Now I'm being told long hair is great again. Now getting past the assumption that girls are basically telling me, "it doesn't matter what you hair is like, I'll never fancy you" :wink: , I thought I would shamelessly come on here for advice :redface: . What do you personally prefer ?.

(Just to let you know I have really short hair again, about half an inch long)
obviously i'm not a girl nor am I gay but surely different styles suit different people. You shouldn't really change anything cos of what different people say.

I know for a fact that my hair is awful when it is long, started growing it fairly long once, gave up before I got the chance cos it was just horrid. So keep your hair to what suits your face
I have never seen a guy with "long" hair that i found at all attractive, but then again completely bald(skinhead w/e same thing) is usually pretty bad as well, both are way to severe(for my tastes) so just grow your hair a little bit , i know guys hairs are done in numbers so i'd imagine a 3 is about best.
I agree with serious_narb. You should figure out what kind of hairstyle suits your face... maybe it is neither long nor skinhead but something in between. If you have time to kill, you can probably take a photo of yours and do some editing in Photoshop and see what really suits you... this might be a crude way, but it might direct you.
I prefer to have longer hair than short, but everyone suits different styles.
I think I look like a girl with a really short haircut, and with a really thick head of hair a hippie stoner :-/
Best to find a compromise :smile:
I don't have long hair but I think it normally looks good. It kinda hides ugliness and accentuates beauty... think of all the models with long hair! Could be spewing random crap here as I'm not gay and don't really have a clue...
Reply 6
Yeh, I agree with Mr Serious narb. It depends what suits your face. People like different things anyway.

I think I generally go for guys with short hair. I like touching it if its really really short and its all velvety :biggrin:
I usually have longish hair. I just had it cut a couple of days ago shorter than usual and really like it. I'll let it grow to the length it was before though. My hair grows stupidly fast
Jus go with woteva makes u NOT look like a weirdo - personally I have short hair (u no the type, number 2 on the sides and then the hairdresser does that thing where she puts the hair on the top betwen her fingers and delicately snips away) and I think it looks great short lol! :biggrin:
Actually it looks a bit like my pic (avatar woteva), only without the receedin bit lol!
yeah i have sorta long hair, doesn't come down to my shoulders unless it needs cutting but i hate having short hair so it suits me fine :smile:

Latest