The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

All applicants within the M25 ring-road, especially after the first round of allocations, receive lower priority. Fair enough, I should think!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Plenty of us M25ers got our first choice. But yeah, going through clearing won't help.
Reply 3
cheesecakebobby
Plenty of us M25ers got our first choice. But yeah, going through clearing won't help.

do you know anybody who has entered clearing who lives within the ring road and has some accommodation
I barely know anyone already there, sorry
Reply 5
a friend of mine didnt get any accomodation and he didnt go through clearing, that was for queen mary's though, but i think the policy for all london universities are the same
I just phoned the accommodation office this morning and they told me that application forms would be sent out within the next week or so, but definatley before term starts. One of the guys told me that i had a slim chance of getting a place, so im sure its the same for everyone else that has been accpeted through clearing and live within the M25. Anyone up for sharing???????? If anyone is serious PM me. I've been looking at some private accomm but I could do with someone sharing! :frown:
KCH generally has places available...

And you get lots of people dropping out after a week or two - deciding that they're homesick and that London and/or uni is not for them.
Reply 8
How hard is it to allocate rooms - it aint brain surgery. This is long. Thugz bruv - u kno how much rent u gta pay for private accom in waterloo?
CliO RYdEr
How hard is it to allocate rooms - it aint brain surgery. This is long. Thugz bruv - u kno how much rent u gta pay for private accom in waterloo?

I'm not sure. take a look at www.housing.lon.ac.uk/ but i can probably tell you that north london flats are about £90-£100 p/w and the further into london u get the higher it becomes..most probably around £150p/w :frown:
Reply 10
Raaaaa, thats bucks. Mite have to pay that much tho if i dont get accomodation - gna go waterloo this week n look in some estate agaents.
Reply 12
i know i sent my accommodation form a week ago today and ive still had no feed back!!! this is more stressful then actually getting my a level results!
Reply 13
im thinkin of going to the accomodation office and checking myself on their computer to see if i got a place. Anyone up for it, let me kno.
Reply 14
i got a accommodation conformation letter today but thats taken over a week! has any clearing person got accomm yet?
Reply 15
I've not even been handed any sort of form!

Ah well, it'll be an experience.
Reply 16
lol i did it by special delivery and everything, i called up the dude at the office and he was like we have 13800 undergraduate applications to deal with!!
Reply 17
i didnt get no confirmation letter either. Did the guy at the office say anythin else about allocations? They must have allocated the first round by now. this is proper long - uni startin in 2 weeks. I swear this must be the only uni that takes this long.
Reply 18
well i called them up again about 5min ago there so use less. apparently the first round of allocations will start next week. im so stressed about this and they jus seem to take longer. they also said that with clearing applicants its not first come first served basis but where you live. i hate the bloody m25 ring road
Reply 19
i live in m25 ring road, but i think they still allocate to them. are u sure cos i thought that first round allocations were last week cos they've already been allocating places. Im gna go down n just start lookin for flats, cos this takin the piss.

Latest