The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I was in a club the other night talking in the loos with a girl I know who is only 16. Some other girl walked out of the toilets and looked at ME and said to her friend "Quick lets get out of here I feel really old!".

It sucks that underage people can easily get in clubs but that's just because I'm jealous as I nearly always get asked for ID :smile:
lmao @ this thread.
Reply 62
fairygirl21
lmao @ this thread.

lmao @ you
susiemakemeblue
:rolleyes:

Room 101:

Kids in clubs.
Lol, highfive :wink: :biggrin:

Yeah I go out, last Sat I wore: black dress pants, a marine blue top by Alannah Hill, black jewelled/sparkly belt by Sportsgirl and my new Portman's Earings :biggrin: :biggrin:

And of course, stillettos :smile:

DB_x
Reply 64
Right, tidied up. And now all the toys are back in the pram let's make sure they stay there.

I occasionally wear fitted jeans for clubbing, with a pretty top and accessories etc. Otherwise I wear black trousers or a knee-length skirt (I don't do showing my legs) and some sort of a nice top.
Reply 65
Places like London will ID you if you appear to be under 21.

Not in my experience. Most clubs i go to i always see people blatently younger then me (and i look young to begin with).

I love it how you think i go to clubs to be cool - get a life.
I go clubbing for the same reasons as everyone else, i love dancing and the music i love is better in clubs, i've heard some of the best sets in clubs - you're not going to get that in your living room. .
Reply 66
If im just going down the pub.. which is every friday and saturday night really, i usually just wear my denim mini skirt with a pretty top and maybe heels. Lately i've fallen in love with dresses and have started wearing them out all the time whether its just down the pub, or going out clubbing too!

I went to leicester square on friday night and went to 4 pubs, i didn't get ID'd once, where as where i live, they id EVERYONE. My sister used to work in the wetherspoons there, she was 20 at the time, and the bouncers still id'd her to go to work which was ridiculous. x
If you wear a short skirt than you have to make sure you wear a top that doesn't show too much stomach and/or cleavage unless you want to look tarty... it's an unwritten rule! Either you wear trousers (cropped or normal) with a more revealing top, or a mini with a non-revealing top.

boho - every time I go up to London I get IDed and everyone I know does too! Especially around Leicester Square. I wouldn't say I look particularly young either as people think I'm twins with my 21 year old sister :rolleyes:
thecustardqueen
hey
this is a post for girls to answer:

what do u wear when you go clubbing with your mates eg at uni/college - i wanna know what sort of top, if u wear trousers/skirt and what kinda shoes u wear.........

also, do u wear jeans??

cheers :smile:

usually jeans or black trousers and a top, usually a backless one :redface: only cos they suit me better than most other types.
sometimes i wear skirts but its far too cold to wear skirts in winter :p:
i always wear heels, either ponty boots or pointy shoes or sandals.
Reply 69
bestdeceptions
If you wear a short skirt than you have to make sure you wear a top that doesn't show too much stomach and/or cleavage unless you want to look tarty... it's an unwritten rule! Either you wear trousers (cropped or normal) with a more revealing top, or a mini with a non-revealing top.

boho - every time I go up to London I get IDed and everyone I know does too! Especially around Leicester Square. I wouldn't say I look particularly young either as people think I'm twins with my 21 year old sister :rolleyes:

yes, you see i thought it would be like that, but we went to a restaurant there too and you're not allowed in unless you're 18, but we didn't get asked. I guess it was just a lucky night, although like you i also get mistaken as my sisters older sister, even though shes 3 years older than me!

And im in agreement with the stomach cleavage thing, it just looks wrong and argh, some people i do wonder what was going through their head when they were getting dressed to go out. Lately i've bought alot of tops from topshop, the really really long ones, and i just wear them under a strappy top, with loads of jewellery and a funky belt with my skirt. kinda layered and doesn't show too much, xx
boho
yes, you see i thought it would be like that, but we went to a restaurant there too and you're not allowed in unless you're 18, but we didn't get asked. I guess it was just a lucky night, although like you i also get mistaken as my sisters older sister, even though shes 3 years older than me!

And im in agreement with the stomach cleavage thing, it just looks wrong and argh, some people i do wonder what was going through their head when they were getting dressed to go out. Lately i've bought alot of tops from topshop, the really really long ones, and i just wear them under a strappy top, with loads of jewellery and a funky belt with my skirt. kinda layered and doesn't show too much, xx

Yes! The long tops from topshop look great with a short denim skirt :biggrin: I also love wearing cropped jeans with a cute pair of heels and a nice top :smile: Where abouts in Surrey are you from?
Reply 71
yes yes yes! cropped jeans/trousers, or those really cool long shorts, i loveeeee ha ha espesh with heels. And i own about 6 of those long tops, and the new ones with the twisty neckline...yes i know the stock of topshop! I'm somewhere between woking and guildford?? how about you?x
boho
yes yes yes! cropped jeans/trousers, or those really cool long shorts, i loveeeee ha ha espesh with heels. And i own about 6 of those long tops, and the new ones with the twisty neckline...yes i know the stock of topshop! I'm somewhere between woking and guildford?? how about you?x
Haha topshop's great, plus you get the good old student discount :biggrin: I'm from Sutton :rolleyes:
Reply 73
lol 'topshops great' tis amazing! My friends take the piss out of me because im in there so often the staff recognise me! i'd say about 80% of my wardrobe is from there, and who ever said its expensive (someone did, i swear) has got to be having a laugh. I can't justify spending anymore than £20 on an item of clothing any more, but i always seem to do so well in there for that! sutton? i know i know where that is, but i can't for the life of me at the moment remember.. hmm
Reply 74
I get IDd everywhere since I've turned 18..always in Croydon without fail (since it's a hole they have to ID everyone really..) and most of the time in Southampton, and most of the time everywhere else :d Even modestly dressed..I think cos I have a reasonable hefty cleavage which is quite difficult to disguise, it looks like I'm trying to look older than I am...I also have a fairly young face.

I usually wear trousers as they make me look way older.
Croydon aaaaaalways ID you everywhere, unless you go the smelly old man pubs!

boho - Sutton is in near Wallington, Croydon on one side and Epsom, Kingston, Wimbledon on the other... well, kinda!
Reply 76
Sutton is pretty poor in terms of nightlife, but Croydon isn't much better..and the ladies are generally rather underdressed! I think Top Shop is good for clubbing stuff, and I have some really lovely tops from Dorothy Perkins, patterned halternecks which go well with jeans or denim minis.
Reply 77
Never been to a club just parties and pubs where you can dance. I usully just wear some comfy clothes in bright colours, say red trousers and a bright green shirt or sth. Jeans will do fine, although they're less practical if you wonna dance a lot.
Reply 78
i hate it wen girls are so deprerate to pull or look slutty that they wear next to nothing! really does my head in! whats the point
Reply 79
Nicki P
i hate it wen girls are so deprerate to pull or look slutty that they wear next to nothing! really does my head in! whats the point

it shows guys who want to pull that she's desperate ... :wink:

Latest